Corey Dillon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:39 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Sorry I forgot a few. Namely McAllister, Alexander and Henry. After that it becomes iffy with age & injuries (Holmes/Faulk/Davis). Ricky I guess, but he may have seen his better days already with so many carries the last two years ala Eddie George.

So that adds 3 more definites to my list, which makes him 11th overall. I definitely wouldn't take Barber(fumblitis) or CMart(salary cap) over Dillon if I were the GM of an NFL franchise. Dom Davis and Rudi are in limbo right now. Give me a full season of work and let me see what they can really do.

You do know that Dillon is about the same age as Holmes/Faulk/Davis right? Dillon is going to be 30 this year as is Davis, Faulk and Holmes are both going to be 31. So if your going to hold that against them hold it against him as well. Anyhow, all three are much more talented than Dillon.

CMart is the better RB, that's what I'm talking about.....not the salary cap.

Tiki I would take because he can actually catch a pass out of the backfield, something Dillon never could.....his fumbles really hurt, but I think he has more long-term potential than Dillon.

Ricky I'm kind of acting on faith that he will recover, but even in what is considered a down year he managed more yards from scrimmage than Dillon ever has.

Rudi has proved to be the better runner than Dillon in Cincy this year. Dominick looks like the best rookie RB out there.

Anyhow based on your rankings he is anywhere from the 11th - 17th best RB right now......not far from my original swag of 15-20th best.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phunkadelic » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:47 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I know that Rudi is a un-restricted FA. I think DIllon has oneyear left on his contract, I may be wrong though. I think he will get traded to either Dallas or Oakland.

Just to clarify, Rudi is going to be a restricted FA next year. The thought with the Bengals is probably to sign him to a long contract, trade Dillion, and draft a back-up RB in round 2 or so this year, possibly with a draft pick you get from trading Dillon.

I can't see Lewis hanging onto Dillon, even though he's hinted that he may very well do that. He's just got to say those sort of things to bring his trade value up.

Dillon is not a top 5 RB right now, and maybe never was, but he is easily a top 15 RB when healthy and could be coveted by many teams. His attitude however isn't going to help the Bengals get much for him. I can't see us getting getting anything more than a 2nd round pick for him.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:50 pm

phunkadelic wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I know that Rudi is a un-restricted FA. I think DIllon has oneyear left on his contract, I may be wrong though. I think he will get traded to either Dallas or Oakland.

Just to clarify, Rudi is going to be a restricted FA next year. The thought with the Bengals is probably to sign him to a long contract, trade Dillion, and draft a back-up RB in round 2 or so this year, possibly with a draft pick you get from trading Dillon.

I can't see Lewis hanging onto Dillon, even though he's hinted that he may very well do that. He's just got to say those sort of things to bring his trade value up.

Dillon is not a top 5 RB right now, and maybe never was, but he is easily a top 15 RB when healthy and could be coveted by many teams. His attitude however is going to help the Bengals get much for him. I can't see us getting getting anything more than a 2nd round pick for him.

I would be extremely happy to to get a second round pick for Dillon but I really don't see a team giving such a high pick for him. I'd even be extremely happy for a 3rd rounder. Many think that he may simply be released, but I'm hoping like hell that they can get some sort of pick for him. Regardless, we won't see any action on Dillon until Rudi is signed.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:52 pm

I think that Dillon can still be a top fifteen RB in the NFL. So long as he gets his average workload, he will put up a little over 1,000 yards and score somewhere around 5-10 TDs.

I remember when he was about to become a free agent, everyone in Seattle wanted him to come back home to replace Watters. ...Glad that didn't happen.

I still find it odd that he decided to go back to Cinci though, since he never really was happy there. He could have been happier and possibly richer somewhere else.

I think he would be a good fit in Dallas or Washington. It wouldn't surprise me if Snyder decided to give up the Redskins first and third rounders to have a shot at Barlow, though.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk