Keyshawn names his teams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keyshawn names his teams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AF » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:13 am

You know I saw this lastnight and was thinking the same thing. Who the heck cares where Keyshawn wants to play? He has to get an offer from one of those teams to even end up there and they seem to think he has his pick from every team other then Tampa.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:55 am

AF wrote:You know I saw this lastnight and was thinking the same thing. Who the heck cares where Keyshawn wants to play? He has to get an offer from one of those teams to even end up there and they seem to think he has his pick from every team other then Tampa.

It wasn't a situation when he was laying down the law saying he only will go to those teams. Jimmy Johnson just asked him what 3 teams would you most like to play for. Seems fair to me. Every player has a list of teams they'd most like to play for when they are FAs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Roseman » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:06 pm

It just seems weird that Keyshawn wants the ball all the time and wants to be the centre piece of the Offense but yet he named Balt as one of the teams that he wanted to go to. Whould he just be putting himself in the same situation that he had in Tampa.

NE and Dallas are obvious he wants to go there to play for the coach!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:44 pm

Roseman wrote:It just seems weird that Keyshawn wants the ball all the time and wants to be the centre piece of the Offense but yet he named Balt as one of the teams that he wanted to go to. Whould he just be putting himself in the same situation that he had in Tampa.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:10 pm

i dont think keyshawn gets to pick and chose. i dont know who he thinks he is. i wouldnt want him on my team, thats for sure.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:14 pm

terpfan wrote:i dont think keyshawn gets to pick and chose. i dont know who he thinks he is. i wouldnt want him on my team, thats for sure.

I don't think he was picking or choosing or being arrogant. He was asked a question and tried to avoid it at first. It'd be like if I asked you "what QB, WR and RB would you like to start for your fantasy team next year". It's not like you're going to get all 3, you're just stating a preference.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:24 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
terpfan wrote:i dont think keyshawn gets to pick and chose. i dont know who he thinks he is. i wouldnt want him on my team, thats for sure.

I don't think he was picking or choosing or being arrogant. He was asked a question and tried to avoid it at first. It'd be like if I asked you "what QB, WR and RB would you like to start for your fantasy team next year". It's not like you're going to get all 3, you're just stating a preference.

is that how it went? ok, it just seemed to me like he was saying he would play for those teams only and was waiting on word from them... if he was just being asked his preference... ahh who am i kidding, i still hate the guy. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:41 pm

Who cares where Keyshawn goes, he sucks anyway. He's proven over the last several years that he is NOT a solid fantasy WR.
The real question is where does T.Owens go? He's the real deal, and has proven in the last several years that he is a solid fantasy WR.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:43 pm

fantasizing wrote:Who cares where Keyshawn goes, he sucks anyway. He's proven over the last several years that he is NOT a solid fantasy WR.

Well, we aren't really speaking on fantasy terms right now. When he's not whining, Keyshawn has been productive. I mean c'mon, he is a Pro Bowler.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:47 pm

i really dont think he is all that good. i couldnt believe it when he signed for such huge money in Tbay. in 8 seasons he has had 4 1000 yard seasons (1266 is career high) and 1 10 TD campaign. He has averaged just under 1000 yards and 6 TDs a season in his career. good but not great.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk