Return to Football Talk

Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:06 am

Yes the chiefs can beat them and they will sh ow them that next weekend

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:09 am

Anonymous wrote:Yes the chiefs can beat them and they will sh ow them that next weekend

Countin' chickens...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:12 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Yes the chiefs can beat them and they will sh ow them that next weekend

Countin' chickens...

I can't yet...they haven't hatched.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:06 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Those kickers looked like they had a tough time though. That ball must be as hard as a rock when they kick it - ouch. I don't think the cold affected that passing games very much. I know it didn't hurt NE very much considering they throw mostly 5 - 10 yard routes... Which brings up another point. I absolutely LOOVE that screen they run 3 - 4 times every game. Why not take the easy yards when the corner backs off the receiver? To me, it's just like an outside running play. I'm surprised other teams don't do it more.

That screen they run is a pretty nice play but they over-use it, IMO. They ran it more like 7 times in that game and more than once they got nothing from it. The Vikings rin that play a lot and it doesn't work all that great. After you use it enough the defense figures it out and it is just a good way to get your WRs leveled. I don't like the play personally.

That was a great game. I think the Pats have the best chance to go all the way. I hope the Colts kill the Chiefs today, I would like to see the Colts high powered offense against the Pats awesome D.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:25 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I think that had more to do with the Titans than the Patriots. 95% of the "analysts" have wet dreams about Mcnair.

Announcers love mcnair and favre way too much. I have the urge to hit mute everytime they say how tough he is and how amazing he is and how people should make a bronze idol out of mcnair and worship him.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 am

Carolina is the only team who was getting no respect.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:42 am

Thomas wrote:So NE wins another game, completely dominating and crushing the Titans in a lopsided victory of 17-14. PATs against all odds - with home team advantage, weather condition, and bye week - puts on a dazzling display of excellence, defeating the gimpy and hobbling McNair and George, proving once again they are the #1 ultimate team. Can anyone stop the New England Patriots?!

They truly are the Ohio St. of the NFL. I'm just hoping either KC or Indy knocks them on their ass Michigan style and goes on to the Super Bowl.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:07 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Thomas wrote:So NE wins another game, completely dominating and crushing the Titans in a lopsided victory of 17-14. PATs against all odds - with home team advantage, weather condition, and bye week - puts on a dazzling display of excellence, defeating the gimpy and hobbling McNair and George, proving once again they are the #1 ultimate team. Can anyone stop the New England Patriots?!

They truly are the Ohio St. of the NFL. I'm just hoping either KC or Indy knocks them on their ass Michigan style and goes on to the Super Bowl.

IDK about that. Sure they win close, low scoring games, but they rely on their own talent to win them while OSU just waits for the other team to screw up on their own (NC state taking a kickoff off their helmet, snaps over the qb's head recovered in the end zone, missed 30 yd FG's, etc.)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:54 pm

the only reason they won is the refs made that horrible holding call at the end...pats lucky once again...they will get spanked by the colts....
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:14 pm

Slingblade wrote:the only reason they won is the refs made that horrible holding call at the end...pats lucky once again...they will get spanked by the colts....

Amazing how lucky these Pats are, huh? Titan fans, and players are in denial. It had nothing to do with Bennett dropping the ball in the end? Or the O-line allowing Seymour HUGE penetration on the blocked field goal? Or Eddie George not running anywhere? Or allowing the "no-running" Pats to average over 4 yards per carry? Right. Get over it, if you didn't get that call, you'd be livid.

"I think that that team is not a very good team," said Titans guard Zach Piller. "It sickens me that we lost to them. I will not leave this stadium thinking we got beat by a better team."

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. People don't respect winning so much as FLASHY winning.

Thirteen wins in a row is not enough... That's sad.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk