Another Madden Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Another Madden Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:31 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I am pretty sure that you have to pay to play online so keep that in mind. How much is it Hawk? Is it per month?

To play online, you just gotta play $39.99 for the Online Adapter. And with the Adapter, you can play tons of games online, including Madden 2004 and many other EA Sports games.

No monthly fee.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 am

VHawk15 wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I am pretty sure that you have to pay to play online so keep that in mind. How much is it Hawk? Is it per month?

To play online, you just gotta play $39.99 for the Online Adapter. And with the Adapter, you can play tons of games online, including Madden 2004 and many other EA Sports games.

No monthly fee.

There's another plus for PS2, I think you have to pay monthly for XboX LIVE. I think when you buy it you get a free one year subscription but I think after that it is like 30 bucks a month. I have a friend who has it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:48 pm

I have both Xbox Live and ps2 online...ps2 gets the nod in price comparison...Xbox costs a crapload of money to get going online...you gotta buy a $50 subscription card and pay a monthly fee
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 pm

deftdelivery wrote:I have both Xbox Live and ps2 online...ps2 gets the nod in price comparison...Xbox costs a crapload of money to get going online...you gotta buy a $50 subscription card and pay a monthly fee

Dang, I didn't know there was that much of a $$$ difference.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:07 pm

VHawk15 wrote:The online play really makes Madden 2004, so I would strongly suggest PS2.

yep ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:50 pm

thanks yall i appreciate it. i think im gonna go with the gamecube or the ps2. i love the ps2 controller and the idea of going online to play but the cube is so much cheaper and as a student money is a bit of an issue.

Friendliness: %

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:52 pm

whoops that last one was mine
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:thanks yall i appreciate it. i think im gonna go with the gamecube or the ps2. i love the ps2 controller and the idea of going online to play but the cube is so much cheaper and as a student money is a bit of an issue.

If you're just going to get the system, adapter, and one game, the money really isn't that big of a deal. And plus, the difference between Madden 2004 Online on PS2 and Madden 2004 Offline on Gamecube is large.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:07 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:thanks yall i appreciate it. i think im gonna go with the gamecube or the ps2. i love the ps2 controller and the idea of going online to play but the cube is so much cheaper and as a student money is a bit of an issue.

If you're just going to get the system, adapter, and one game, the money really isn't that big of a deal. And plus, the difference between Madden 2004 Online on PS2 and Madden 2004 Offline on Gamecube is large.

I agree. My experience with GameCube sports games isn't a good one. Even without taking online availability into consideration, I'd have to give the nod to the PS2 between those two systems.

When you're already spending that much money for something, a little more shouldn't stop you from upgrading.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:35 pm

Canacuna wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

I agree. My experience with GameCube sports games isn't a good one. Even without taking online availability into consideration, I'd have to give the nod to the PS2 between those two systems.

When you're already spending that much money for something, a little more shouldn't stop you from upgrading.

What makes PS2 better than G-Cube not taking into consideration the online play? The graphics are pretty close and the controller is a preference thing, I like Gamecube's better personally. I think because of the online though I will be getting a PS3 when they come out.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games