Warner back maybe as Ram's starter next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner back maybe as Ram's starter next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jebatzel » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:21 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Holy shit man. I know 22 INTs is a lot, but you guys are acting like he is a 5 year vet. He has had 1.5 years of starting experience in the NFL.

with that limited experience I don't think he is ready for a full season.

Warner is former NFL MVP and took his team to the Super Bowl twice.

Marino didn't even win a Super Bowl and Manning finally one his first 2 playoff games this year.

JB
Last edited by jebatzel on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 pm

jebatzel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Holy shit man. I know 22 INTs is a lot, but you guys are acting like he is a 5 year vet. He has had 1.5 years of starting experience in the NFL.

with that limited experience I don't think he is ready for a full season.

Warner is former NFL MVP and took his team to the Super Bowl twice.

Marino didn't even win a Super Bowl and Manning finally one his first 2 playoff games this year.

JB

Well you can't turn back the clock now. Warner no longer can be a starter in the NFL. Yes, we all know he was a former NFL MVP and won a Super Bowl. Key word there is former. He looks like a deer caught in headlights when he is out on the field now. If you think Bulger isn't the answer, Warner REALLY isn't.

If you think Bulger is your guy, you have to start him and take the good with the bad. Every young QB struggles. Despite all his struggles, he was able to put together some comebacks and win, oh, 12 games.

Isn't Martz the de facto GM there in St. Louis? Bulger is a RFA after 2003, I hope they don't do something stupid like let Dallas get him.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jebatzel » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:01 pm

I think Martz the biggest problem the Rams have.

He should have gone for the win instead of a tie.

And if he didn't think Bulger could win the game they he should have put Warner in.

Warner should be a starter still weather the Rams want him or another team.

He still is above a lot of other quaterbacks out there.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jebatzel » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:21 am

:-o
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:01 am

if you ask me it wasn't his fault they lost it was mike martz's fault or the kickers even though his three ints didn't help
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 am

The Super Freak wrote:if you ask me it wasn't his fault they lost it was mike martz's fault or the kickers even though his three ints didn't help

the kickers?!?!?! wilkins played his heart out. he missed one FG. one! and it was about 53yds for cryin out loud!! that guy shouldn't be blamed for this loss at all!!

Martz is your target. He should've put the ball in Faulk's hands and let StL try to win that game. Instead, he decided to play to "Not Lose" and that cost him the game. Ridiculous. Martz came out and basically said that he doesn't trust his offense to win games. If he can't trust them, then why is he coaching them? He needs to get out of town! There's too much talent on that team to be lost playing under a mindless idiot like Martz. He'll be gone soon if StL knows what's best. :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:01 am

What Slow said ;-D
I would be pretty surprised if Warner is the starter next year, but to go for OT against a team that's back-up RB had gotten 95 yards has to be viewed as a huge vote of no confidence for Bulger.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:46 am

Slowkidz wrote:Martz came out and basically said that he doesn't trust his offense to win games. If he can't trust them, then why is he coaching them? He needs to get out of town! There's too much talent on that team to be lost playing under a mindless idiot like Martz. He'll be gone soon if StL knows what's best. :-t

Right, essentially he was saying he thought Bulger had a better chance of turning it over than scoring a TD.

It'll be interesting to see what they do during the off season, but think the QB position in St. Louis is back up for grabs.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:47 pm

Let the rumors begin... Now Warner can get drafted too early for the 3rd year in a row. :-D
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:14 pm

9er Fan wrote:Let the rumors begin... Now Warner can get drafted too early for the 3rd year in a row. :-D

I don't think anybody will draft him very high next year.....

But how do you figure three years in a row?

2000 - Probably drafted in the first two rounds. But was coming off a season where he threw for 4300+ yds and 41 TDs. Played very well in the 11 games he started in 2000.

2001 - Probably drafted in the first two rounds. Was coming off a season where he threw for 3400+ yds and 21 TDs.....in just 11 games. Ended up throwing for 4800+ yards and 36 TDs.

2002 - Probably drafted in the first two rounds. Coming off the monster 4800+ yard season. Played poorly in the 7 games he played, was injured.....a huge bust this season.

2003 - Probably drafted late as a sleeper/recovery pick. Was a complete bust.

Yeah, he busted a couple seasons.....but you can't blame people for drafting him high. He was a fantasy monster in 1999, 2000, and 2001.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk