Warner back maybe as Ram's starter next season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner back maybe as Ram's starter next season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:17 pm

Dan wrote:not that I am rooting for Warner, but what puzzled me a bit, was that Warner was pulled very quick this season, after he really played well for the StLouis the other years before his injury woes...

he was pulled after week one loss, where he really fumbled the way to a loss against the Giants. But come, a former MVP, who you put in as starter in week one is pulled after ONE lousy game?!?

Bulger lost two fumbles in week 2, but St.Louis still won, but lost the game in week 3 with 2 INTs...and he had really a couple more woeful games, where he sometimes was simply lucky the Rams still won! In my opinion, Bulger is just an average NFL QB, who just happens to be a better fantasy QB because of playing in St.Louis and its offense system.

If he really hads somewhere else, lets say Dallas, then good night Cowboys...Bulger is by no means better than Quincy Carter.

Again, I don't root for Warner, but it surprised me, he never really got a chance this year...

Gotta agree with Dan, Warner didn't really get a decent shot this year. Had a great off-season, and pre-season, and then he's pulled after one game? If that's the criteria, then McNabb and Favre should have been benched after week one also. Bulger, in my eyes is an average QB in a great QB system. Maybe Warner has lost it, but we never really got the chance to find out this year. I wouldn't bet against the guy having a great 2004/2005 season, be it with the Rams or somebody else. However, as far as a fantasy draft, I'd quickly run away unless he can land on a team where he in insured the starter position and has decent wideouts.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:36 pm

Didn't Warner have a concussion problem? I think that is what kept him on the bench in week 2.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jebatzel » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:41 am

interesting article about his concusion

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1614826

As quickly as he bounced back, Kurt Warner is wondering if he really did sustain a concussion in the St. Louis Rams' opener.

No matter what Warner says, Martz doesn't want him to play. He'll be the second-stringer against the 49ers (1-0) behind Bulger mostly because the other quarterback, Scott Covington, was just signed this week.

"If we have to use him, we'll use him," Martz said. "But I'd just as soon not play him at all."

Warner only played in 2 games this season week 1 and week 17

Rams are stupid if they don't either start Warner or Trade him.

You don't pay a guy millions of dollars and then not play him.

Bulger is a free agent too btw.

And yes Warner did has 4 turnovers in week 1, but he did spread the ball pretty good. Isaac Bruce had eight catches for 120 yards and Torry Holt had seven catches for 111 yards and a touchdown.

Bulger seemed to favor Holt a lot more than Warner.

So if Warner is the Rams QB, I doubt Holt will have 12 tds again.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk