Panthers vs Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panthers vs Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:03 am

Man, I was hoping my opinion would be the "upset" opinion. I told my friends it would be Carolina vs. the Patriots before the playoffs started (not in here, just in my normal everyday conversation). I haven't been wrong in 3 years with either SB team, so we'll see if my trend continues.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:17 pm

leaky rin d or not, teams have got to turn that into points ont he board. almost no team really does that -- niners being the only exception. ahman ran buck, and you know what? none of the pack's points were really attributed to him. it was big plays by farve that set up the two td's and the field goal. ahaman was stuffed when it happened. he tripped over his own guy, because that guy was pushed into the backfield.

the eagles take this. warts and all.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:17 pm

Everyone should keep in mind that my thoughts above were about the *fantasy outlook* of the upcoming Panthers/Eagles game, not who would win or lose.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:38 pm

eaglesrule wrote:leaky rin d or not, teams have got to turn that into points ont he board. almost no team really does that -- niners being the only exception. ahman ran buck, and you know what? none of the pack's points were really attributed to him. it was big plays by farve that set up the two td's and the field goal. ahaman was stuffed when it happened. he tripped over his own guy, because that guy was pushed into the backfield.

the eagles take this. warts and all.

If what you are trying to say is that Philly prevents run TDs, your just wrong.....rush TDs against Philly this year 13, average for all NFL teams 13.3. Ranked 17th for Rushing TDs allowed, or the bottom half of the NFL. In comparison, Carolina ranks 6th in this statistic, only having allowed 10 rushing TDs.

They are actually a little better preventing pass TDs, where they allowed 17, on an NFL average of 20.4 They ranked 6th in this statistic.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:02 pm

The Eagles gave up 8 sacks to Green Bay. Imagine how many times Carolina could sack them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:11 pm

really? how many td's did ahman green have? one , in two monster yardage games. steven davis? ricky williams? travis henry were all held out of the endzone too.

and I wasn;t really inferring that they were great at it, but they are hardly terrible at it. some of those td's came earlier in the season when they were bad. two of the rush td's were to bledsoe and ramsey. when the eagles sucked.

five of the td passes came in the first two games ...

the also finsihed thrid in the nfc in points allowed ahead of ahem, carolina. And seventh overall in the nfl.

and for a while there we were hanging tough in thw td's allowed department. Besides being in the middle of the league ahardly means you are bad at something. jsut means you aren;t great.

But if you watched the games, you would knwo that the eagles seem to make the timely stop.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:40 pm

eaglesrule wrote:really? how many td's did ahman green have? one , in two monster yardage games. steven davis? ricky williams? travis henry were all held out of the endzone too.

And they allowed plenty of other RBs into the endzone.....McAllister scored twice on them, they even let fatty Hambrick score.

and I wasn;t really inferring that they were great at it, but they are hardly terrible at it. some of those td's came earlier in the season when they were bad. two of the rush td's were to bledsoe and ramsey. when the eagles sucked.

and for a while there we were hanging tough in thw td's allowed department. Besides being in the middle of the league ahardly means you are bad at something. jsut means you aren;t great.

But if you watched the games, you would knwo that the eagles seem to make the timely stop.

I agree with you, the Eagles arn't great. Heck the only reason they won the first meeting against the Panthers was because Kasey missed three chipshot field goals, and and extra point. And the only reason they won against GB is because of lousy play calling.

Seems like the Eagles don't make the timely stop, but rather get the lucky break.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:46 pm

The Panthers will make up for Kasay's shortcomings in sweet revenge up there in Philly...can't wait to watch the game.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:31 pm

get the lucky break? how is that again. Executing your special teams and making play calls are a significant part of the game. If you can't do those two things, then frankly, the team IS NOT as good. There is a reason you want a good kicker and a good coach in there. Yea the eagles lucked out in carolina. Things will be different this time.

As far as getting "lucky" agains the pack. All of you should really look at it. The eagles and pack punted the same amount of time. The net yards were about the same as was time of possesion. Everyone talks about the eagles nto stopping the pack, but the pack hardly stopped the eagles.

Nothing lucky about it. Eagles executed when they had too. And everyone can moan about the punt at the end. The reality is the eagles left three points of the board too. So you can;t say taht the pack deserved anything or the eagles squeaked anything out. The hung right with them. period. this si nto really refutable due to the game stats. and the most telling one 20-3 after the first quarter.

As far as carolina, should be an awesome game. best of luck to them, but I don't knwo how delhomme is gonna be with the rpessure he is gonn have. And the eagles basically clamped davis the first time. And vincent should finally be able to play.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:34 pm

so did mcallister. who won that game again? oh yea eagles. by thriteen and it would have been worse if not for th epenalties.

yea the eagles aren't the best at run d now, not making that claim. but points allowed should tell you something...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk