Panthers vs Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panthers vs Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:58 pm

Not putting down the Eagles team at all, they always find a way to win. I just think the circumstances of their wins (especially their last one), just proves there's a lot of bad coaching in the league. If the Pack go for it on 4th & 1 and the Eagles stuff them, march down the field and tie it, no one questions the Eagles about this game.

The point is, if the Pack played the Eagles again in the same circumstances 10x in a row, I'd expect the Pack to win 8 of those times.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:05 pm

true, you are probably right. but I guess the ultimate point is that didn;t ahppen. I find it interesting that sherman was on both ends of a 4th and 1 and he picked the wrong thing both times...

I jsut get sensitive, because some "lucky" things happen to teams all the time. You have to have the rpesence of mind and the baility to capitalize, and it happened.

Andyway you slice it a team that wins 13 of its last 15 has a little more than luck on their side.

i think another parellel, is that the pack were lucky as hell to even get into the playoffs. it took a desperation fourth down and 20 something (coudl be mistaken) byt he cardinals to even get into the playoffs. so I say what goes around ...

I think that the luck elements of football even themesleves out over the course of the season.

I'd say we had rotten luck losing emmons and westbrook back to back. not to mention all of the other injuries this year.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:18 pm

eaglesrule wrote:true, you are probably right. but I guess the ultimate point is that didn;t ahppen. I find it interesting that sherman was on both ends of a 4th and 1 and he picked the wrong thing both times...

I jsut get sensitive, because some "lucky" things happen to teams all the time. You have to have the rpesence of mind and the baility to capitalize, and it happened.

Andyway you slice it a team that wins 13 of its last 15 has a little more than luck on their side.

i think another parellel, is that the pack were lucky as hell to even get into the playoffs. it took a desperation fourth down and 20 something (coudl be mistaken) byt he cardinals to even get into the playoffs. so I say what goes around ...

I think that the luck elements of football even themesleves out over the course of the season.

I'd say we had rotten luck losing emmons and westbrook back to back. not to mention all of the other injuries this year.

Good points all, especially the luck elements evening out. Either way, I can't diss a 12-4 record.

The Eagle's might have lost Westbrook, but it looks like Davis might be out for the Panthers......here's hoping Foster can put together another good game.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:27 pm

eaglesrule wrote:true, you are probably right. but I guess the ultimate point is that didn;t ahppen. I find it interesting that sherman was on both ends of a 4th and 1 and he picked the wrong thing both times...

Jeez, eaglesrule, I'm happy for you and all, but try to edit your posts a little before submitting them. We're not grading on spelling and punctuation here, but they're difficult to read.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:45 pm

sorry about the poor spelling etc. my hands are kinda messed up lately. combine that with excitement, and you get crummy posts. my bad, apologies all around.

Friendliness: %

Postby WeaponX20 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:36 am

I've got an idea, give some credit where it is due. The Eagles win. its what they do. It may not be pretty but that doesnt matter. Their run D is hugely questionable but not once since the early season has it killed them and in the early season that was our only claim to fame. Ever since Hollis Thomas went out with one of our many injuries to befall us this year. The point is they score more per game then they give up and that is all that should matter. The St. Louis Rams that won didnt have a great D either but if you can outscore thats all you can ask for. And eaglesrule is right about McAllister the penalites didnt help that game and we still won by 13. I was at that game and nothing was more frustrating then seeing Duece run wild and all those penalites. But it was funny cuz in no way did I nor any of the fans around me feel threatened at any point that we would lose that game. I guess the point is, you win how you have to and you cant discredit a team that has done it consistantly over the last few years and each year doing it a different way. You can easily make a comparison of the Eagles to the Patriots of this year. Both teams ravaged with injuries to key players, The Patriots of that awesome D this year (normally the Eagles) the Eagles have a highly productive O this year (normally the Patriots). But they have one thing in common, They are both winning. Both tops in their respective leagues, Both in the Conference Championship and Both the favors to be in the Super Bowl.
WeaponX20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk