Worse call, Martz or Sherman? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worse call, Martz or Sherman?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who chickened out more?

Mike Martz
53%
Mike Sherman
47%

Total votes : 19

Worse call, Martz or Sherman?

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:59 pm

Personally, I feel Sherman made the worse call. If you aren't confident enough to get 1 yard, what are you doing in the playoffs? If he punted because he had faith in his defense, why not just go for it. If they fail to convert, he has faith in his defense right?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:02 pm

Sherman cuz you KNOW FOR SURE that they could have got the 1st down (well then again they were stopped at 1 yard line in 2nd quarter). With Martz at least it was at the 15, and with the Panthers tough Defense to get by. But come on, Ahman Green was doing good all game... Sherman ruined Favre's destiny.
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:07 pm

Sherman - altho Martz was a coward, his team was able to put pts up...Sherman took away his team's chances at putting up any more points...

plus, they took away the shot at ending the game, which is always foolish. From watching the Car-Stl game last night, PUT THE GAME AWAY WHEN YOU CAN
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AF » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:26 pm

When Favre started to walk away from the center I was still waiting for a direct snap to the RB or something. Couldn't believe they didn't go for it.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:11 pm

Sherman for sure. Not just for that play, but for many other plays in the game, like passing on several 3 and 3s and that absolutely retarded throw by Favre in OT.

On that 4th and 1, I bet Ahman would have broken it right to the endzone. Besides, they punted and only gained like 20 yards.

And of course, how the hell do you let McNabb convert on a 4th and 26 ???? McNabb?? with NO WRs to throw to???

NFC championship game = 2 shitty teams= BORING
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:23 pm

Martz was bad, but Sherman was worse. There was maybe a 40 or 50% chance that the Rams could've scored in 25 seconds. But there was about a 90% chance that, with Ahman running like he was, that GB could've easily picked up the first.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:26 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]You Green Bay apologists are a special breed of homers. Now that you lost blame the Coach, the refs anybody.....
How bout the STUPID throw Favre made in OT
Like GB vs STL is a better game.
you guys make me throw up
I am so glad GB is out they really SUCK[/quote]

buddy, I would rather see the greatest show on turf versus Ahman and Favre than McNabb and his band of driftwood versus a Davisless Carolina team..
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:27 pm

I voted Sherman...

... BUT if your defense can't stop a 4th and 26, you don't deserve to win. 8-o
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:28 pm

fantasizing wrote:
Anonymous wrote:You Green Bay apologists are a special breed of homers. Now that you lost blame the Coach, the refs anybody.....
How bout the STUPID throw Favre made in OT
Like GB vs STL is a better game.
you guys make me throw up
I am so glad GB is out they really SUCK

buddy, I would rather see the greatest show on turf versus Ahman and Favre than McNabb and his band of driftwood versus a Davisless Carolina team..

I would rather see the best two teams in the NFC, and that's what I have.

The Guest is right, the GB fans need to quit whining.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:33 pm

yeah well, we'll see how exciting the superbowl is with Carolina or Philly in it. For the record, I'm a Seahawks fan.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk