Horrible Camera Angles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Horrible Camera Angles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Horrible Camera Angles

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:09 pm

Throughout this wonderful weekend of football, horrible camera angles irritated me. Showing the sideline view makes a lot more sense than using SkyCam. Sure, SkyCam is great to use for replay situations, but as far as live action goes, keep it away.

It was particularly bad during the Pats-Titans game. I had to watch the replay just to figure out what had happened in the first place, cuz they showed the replay from the sideline view.

Did this irritate anyone else?
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:10 pm

Yes, I agree. They do a zoom in on the QB's helmet and then they "show the play" but you feel like the camera is sitting on the ground. Very annoying.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:07 am

Too bad I didn't read this post before the He Hate Me one. I'll say it again anyway. I agree that the Sky Cam is no good for live TV views. It might be because we aren't used to it, but I really can't see anything that's going on. You can see the pass in the air better as to how it leads the receiver during replays, but other than that, it's no good. The pass rush is harder to pick up, and you still can't see the receivers until they come into the picture.

Ref Cam was kinda neat because it was lower on the field, but it was really only good for running plays when the umpire was actually looking (or getting hit by someone or the ball!)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:26 am

i don't mind the skycam in fact i like it when they use it correctly!!
they have it on the qb when he passes the ball they keep showing the qb so i have no clue where the ball is!!!!! :-t :-t
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:51 am

I wish they could position it like they have the angles in video games. Where it is above the QBs head and you can see downfield and see the passrush good. I just would hope they would switch if the play goes downfield, either that or follow the player with the camera. The one I hate is when they just stick on the QB while the play is going on and then they finally show the WR after the ball is there and he is running.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Roseman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:11 pm

I personally have to say I like the skycam. I find you really get into the play more you see the field as if you were playing QB. It is especially good on running plays you really get to see the OLinemen oping up holes as well you get to see the blow-in blocking assignments and the missed tackles!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:53 pm

Roseman wrote:I personally have to say I like the skycam. I find you really get into the play more you see the field as if you were playing QB. It is especially good on running plays you really get to see the OLinemen oping up holes as well you get to see the blow-in blocking assignments and the missed tackles!!!

I like the SkyCam too when it is used right. They alwasy show the QB in the pocket and then when he passes it taked like 10 seconds for the camera to move. On running plays it is pretty nice.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:49 pm

Some of the views are good and then some suck...maybe next year we will see improvement as the camera operators get more familiar with their equipment.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:11 pm

In the Philly-GB game, I can recall a play at GB's 10 yard line where Philly was moving in the for the score. The shot that us television viewers got was an overhead of McNabb. The camera was literally looking straight down on him, he ends up throwing the ball, but the camera isn't fast enough to catch it. Only after the play is over for about five seconds do you finally realize that it was an incomplete pass. The replay was needed just for the viewers to see if the receiver even had a shot at the ball.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WeaponX20 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:53 am

The cameras are bad for football, in that you cant see the development of the play. The corner/sideline veiw at basketball sucks but at least you can see where people are going. In those cases you cant see if the pocket is really breaking down, there is not a natural focal point to know where to pick up. At least with the sideline cam you can see who got a nice jump and whos in the flats. I dont care what Mcnabbs back looks like. Let us watch the play how it is supposed to be shown on tv.
WeaponX20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk