NFC - Which Teams did you want to see?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFC - Which Teams did you want to see??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 2 teams would you have preffered to watch??

Packers & Rams
16%
Packers & Panthers
42%
Eagles & Rams
16%
Eagles & Panthers
26%

Total votes : 19

NFC - Which Teams did you want to see??

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:51 am

Which game would you have preferred to watch?? i read some1's post saying Philly and Carolina and i dont think too many people would have preferred to watch that game... I myself would have liked to watch Packers & Rams... rematch of last year (or year be4? cant remember) where Favre threw 5 Pics i believe (or 4? cant remember). OO Sweet Revenge he could have had...
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:08 pm

The Rams crushed the Packers two years ago, beating the Pack and the Eagles before eventually losing to the Pats in the Super Bowl. The Rams didn't make it to the postseason last year.

Beleive it or not, Favre actually had 6 interceptions in that game, and three of them were run back for touchdowns.

He could have consoled Rich Gannon after the Raiders' Super Bowl performance of last year.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:41 pm

brdmaverick wrote:The Rams crushed the Packers two years ago, beating the Pack and the Eagles before eventually losing to the Pats in the Super Bowl. The Rams didn't make it to the postseason last year.

Beleive it or not, Favre actually had 6 interceptions in that game, and three of them were run back for touchdowns.

He could have consoled Rich Gannon after the Raiders' Super Bowl performance of last year.

Favre still possesses the skills which made him a three time MVP, but he no longer has Holmgren, Mooch, or Reid to rein in his high risk tendancies. Though not highly publicized, the locker-room tirades from Holmgren, directed at Favre, and his high-risk style of play, molded the guy into the hall of famer he is. One of my favorite Packer memories: I'm attending a Packers preseason game at Camp Randall, in Madison, in 1994, early in the game Favre is pressured and scrambles, the crowd holds it's collective breath, as they all know Favre is just going to just chuck it up for grabs again, instead he rolls right and throws it out of bounds. The crowd gives him a standing ovation for a full minute. Favre later admitted that this play and the crowd reaction kinda changed his way of thinking about his game. Hmmm... time to think about it again.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:07 am

The Pats are my favorite football team, but beleive it or not, Favre is my favorite football player.

The game against the Rams two years ago killed me, and so didn't that interception against Philly (it was first down).
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WeaponX20 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:14 am

Again the Eagles get no respect. Everywhere you turn people are talking them down. Philly and Carolina is going to be a great game, just like last nights game against the Packers. Packers and Rams is the 'easy' pick only cuz they have met before. How many of you actually watched the Carolina vs. Eagles game in Carolina earlier in the year. That was a great game. Ugly game but a great game. More will be sure to come up next week. The game had a bunch of missed kicks. A ton of yards on both sides. And a wacky lateral filled ending, not worth anything but a bunch of laughs. The Pack are done, they got in by luck and by beating up on patsys at the end of the year and the Rams deserved to lose just for having that idiot Martz thinking he is god and blowing what should of been a win. People are saying the Packers should of won last nights game. No. The should of lost cuz that is exactly what they did. The Rams should of won, but Martz was the dope running 4 plays in the last 2:35 of the game after scoring however many points it was to tie it up in the first place. The Eagles and Carolina is what its gonna be and should be what you want to see. You want to see who earned it not going to games of the past to reinvent that which was an ugly game to begin with.
WeaponX20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:25 pm

WeaponX20 wrote:Again the Eagles get no respect. Everywhere you turn people are talking them down. Philly and Carolina is going to be a great game, just like last nights game against the Packers. Packers and Rams is the 'easy' pick only cuz they have met before. How many of you actually watched the Carolina vs. Eagles game in Carolina earlier in the year. That was a great game. Ugly game but a great game. More will be sure to come up next week. The game had a bunch of missed kicks. A ton of yards on both sides. And a wacky lateral filled ending, not worth anything but a bunch of laughs. The Pack are done, they got in by luck and by beating up on patsys at the end of the year and the Rams deserved to lose just for having that idiot Martz thinking he is god and blowing what should of been a win. People are saying the Packers should of won last nights game. No. The should of lost cuz that is exactly what they did. The Rams should of won, but Martz was the dope running 4 plays in the last 2:35 of the game after scoring however many points it was to tie it up in the first place. The Eagles and Carolina is what its gonna be and should be what you want to see. You want to see who earned it not going to games of the past to reinvent that which was an ugly game to begin with.

I think you need to take it easy...this is a forum and the main topic of this thread is "who did you want to see play this week"...who gives a rats arse if in your opinion the eagles arent getting any respect, thats not the topic here....

Personaly the eagles lucked out against GB IMO...why?...they ran like crap, minus McNabb scrambling for his life...he passed like crap (never a pretty passer away) and homefield meant squate to them as it took OT to beat what you called a team that should have never been there to begin with...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:32 pm

passed like crap? beg to differ. out passed farve. 250 yards is a good day, two td passes. Whether it is pretty or not is irrelevant.

ran like crap? beg to differ. "Aside from mcnabb", well that is a pretty big aside, given that green bay amde no effort to stop it, so they took it.

duce didn't run like crap when setting up the field goal. I know this isn't the topic at hand, and this isn't jsut the homer in me. Thsoe are the facts. Eagles didn't "run like crap" and also put up over 150 yards. It doesn't count if it comes with a QB? I could go on, but luck is absurd.

That said, I wanted eagles rams.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:36 pm

Panthers VS Packers...the game would be home for us, and what a sweet game that would have been to go to :-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:02 pm

How about... Seattle vs. Carolina. But I voted for the game that we are going to have this weekend.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk