Has Jim Fassel lost it?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has Jim Fassel lost it??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Has Jim Fassel lost it??

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:16 pm

Supposedly the hot commodity Jim Fassel is suddenly cold. 4 out of the 7 teams looking for head coaches have already filled their spots.

Chicago, Oakland and Buffalo still searching. Where will Jim Fassel land? or has he lost it as a head coach? Will he be coaching next year? So many questions, no answers yet.

If I were the owner of the team, I would say if Fassel could not do it with probably the best offense in Giants history, he could not do good to my team either.

Winning is a habit, losing is also a habit. Has 'loser tag' stuck on Fassel??
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Has Jim Fassel lost it??

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:12 pm

mannubhai wrote:Supposedly the hot commodity Jim Fassel is suddenly cold. 4 out of the 7 teams looking for head coaches have already filled their spots.

Chicago, Oakland and Buffalo still searching. Where will Jim Fassel land? or has he lost it as a head coach? Will he be coaching next year? So many questions, no answers yet.

If I were the owner of the team, I would say if Fassel could not do it with probably the best offense in Giants history, he could not do good to my team either.

Winning is a habit, losing is also a habit. Has 'loser tag' stuck on Fassel??

As much as I don't like Fassel, he made playoff QBs out of Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins (even got to the SB with Collins). He deserves another shot, unlike a guy like Wannstedt who got another shot.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Roseman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:20 pm

I have heard nothing but bad thing coming from the teams that interviewed him saying that he was unmotivated and seemed very flat in interviews

Of the three vacancies left I think he has the best shot at the Bears job he would be a good fit for them but honestly I think he is going to be unemployed in 2004
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby WeaponX20 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:15 am

I can't believe this is coming out of my mouth and onto this forum. I hate Fassel, I hate him so much, I hate him when I see his cocky, arrogant, smug and obnoxious face on the TV! But this is where it gets interesting, I respect him. And Eagles fans never let on to that stuff, but he is a good coach and could offer alot to many teams. It is his demeanor to be flat and unmotivated, and honestly I think that is part of what makes it work for him. The same case could be said of A. Ried. I dont know anyone who is flatter then him. It's a whole different ballgame when your the actual coach of a team though. Get him in there with the guys and im sure he would light so much fire under whoever it is they would work for him. I think Chicago would be a great place for him to go. Let him go groom Rex Grossman. He's already got a respectable D there, a good TE and potentially good RBs. I hope he does get another job and hope he does well. Just not well enough to beat the Eagles
WeaponX20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:41 am

Roseman wrote:I have heard nothing but bad thing coming from the teams that interviewed him saying that he was unmotivated and seemed very flat in interviews

Of the three vacancies left I think he has the best shot at the Bears job he would be a good fit for them but honestly I think he is going to be unemployed in 2004

This is exactly what I heard: That he lacked "fire" in interviews and many GMs were concerned with how he lost his team...
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:00 am

It has come down to either or now. Either Fassel will be Raiders coach or he would be job less.
How abt Fassel being offensive coordinater with Redskins.

Friendliness: %

Postby latraffic » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:13 am

Well if Fassel does appear "lifeless" and such, then he would be a perfect fit for Oakland - Davis loves a good puppet in the head coaches seat.

Still, all being said, I'd be happy if he ended up at the Raider camp next season. He made winners out of some very iffy players (Collins being a perfect example).
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk