On theory alone why the Patriots will beat the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

On theory alone why the Patriots will beat the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

On theory alone why the Patriots will beat the Colts

Postby GridIron Express » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:15 pm

I feel that the Patriots will defeat the Colts based on the following reasons: #1 Indy's defense is a turf defense, they do not play well on grass as evidenced by their performance on Sunday in KC. #2 Patriots dominated their game for 3 quarters earlier in the year playing in Indianapolis until the Pats turned the ball over 3 times and let Peyton back in the game. Will the Patriots turn the ball over 3 times at home again against the Colts, I dont see it. #3 Patriots are home and it will be cold #4 Belichick has seen Peyton successfully attack his defense in the first game in Indy, no one makes better adjustments than Belichick #5 Everyone is bringing up the great Indy Offense, yes they are great but so was the Rams offense that was dismantled by Belichick 2 years ago in the Super Bowl. I agree that any team can be victorious on any given Sunday, but these are some of the reasons I feel New England will be victorious this upcoming Sunday.
GridIron Express
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:29 pm

Spoken like a true homer. :-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:35 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Spoken like a true homer. :-)

nothin wrong with that ,GO PATS!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:38 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Spoken like a true homer. :-)

I can't wait until they lose so all the Pats fans shut up. They have the most annoying fans since the 80s 49ers fans. It's amazing how few Pats fans there were 6 years ago, now everyone is suddenly a Pats fan.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Lets not be jealous

Postby GridIron Express » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Hey King ... Jealously will get you no where! ... I wasn't being arrogant in my post, just sharing honest feelings about Sundays game. Im sorry your team didnt make it, dont take it out on fans whose team has gotten this far.
GridIron Express
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mannubhai » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:17 pm

My reasons as to why the Colts will win.
#1 Manning is super hot. He is picking defenses apart. # 2 Untill the playoffs he had two weapons, Harrison and Wayne..now he has Stokley play. #3 Indy's defense is bad, but Patriots offense is not that good either. Severaly poor at RB position. #4 All streaks come to an end. Brian Belichick is very good, but not messiah. Patriots have won some games which could have gone either way. They got lucky several times.#5 If Bilicheck can make adjustments to the gameplan after Manning burnt them for 30 odd points. So can Tony Dungy and his staff. What they did to Broncos..beat them by huge margin after losing to them a few weeks back.

(p.s.- It would be so boring to watch NE play in the SB. I would rather watch Indy play for the SB.)
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TTTBone » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:28 pm

Indy and Manning... the new team and player of "destiny".
Destiny 1-1 and counting... LOL :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:35 pm

KingGhidra wrote:It's amazing how few Pats fans there were 6 years ago, now everyone is suddenly a Pats fan.

Kinda like Packer fans before the Favre era.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:37 pm

How do you manage to mis-spell the topic itself?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

I dont quite agree with several of Mann's points

Postby GridIron Express » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:42 pm

I agree with Mann about Peyton being hot, but lets backtrack a bit. Against Denver, Indy played at home (on turf) against a team that took them lightly. Shanahan did one of the worst coaching jobs in the NFL in preparation for that game against Indy, he figured he would just walk over them once again. Belichick will not take this game for granted. Against KC .. Peyton had another great game against another VERY SUBPAR defense effort. Vermiel had 2 weeks to prepare and thats the best they could do, his defensive coach will lose his job, it has already been reported.
On his second point I once again agree that Peyton now has Stokley as a weapon, but if there is enough pressure on Peyton will he have anough time to find Stokely?
As of the Patriots offense they have been underestimated all year. Each week they score as many points as it takes to win the game. Just take a look at their individual game scores.
As for the running game being awful, just watch the game on Sunday they will put up 100 yds on the ground, provided they dont turn the ball over and or fall behind. As it is The Pats ran the ball for 4.0 yards per carry this past Sunday against the best runstop defense in the NFL in the Titans.
As for comparing Dungy to Belichick- Tony Dungy is not on the same playing level as Bill Belichick, to even compare them is a joke.
Mann also brought up how lucky they have been, and yes he is right but in order for luck to pay off a team has to be in position to capatilize on it, as the Pats have proved when they have gotten lucky.
Finally as for the streak ending, anything is possible as I alluded to in my posting, I just hope the streak lasts 2 more games. :-°
GridIron Express
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk