AFC Championship - Indianapolis or New England? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AFC Championship - Indianapolis or New England?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Indianapolis
45%
New England
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby latraffic » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:41 pm

Okay, Harmon Football Forecast has Indy taking the AFC Championship. I disagree completely. Vote and speak your mind.

"Sunday, Jan. 18, 2004
A.F.C. Championship game: Indianapolis 27 - *New England 24

Has anyone gone from can-he-win-a-big-one to can-anybody-stop-him faster than the Colts' Peyton Manning? The Patriots' secondary is better than the Chiefs', but not much, so we think Indy will overcome the doubts that come with having lost 11 of its last 13 to N.E., most recently 38-34 on Nov. 30. Frankly, we're worried most about the Colts' punting team, which has to be rusty, having not seen any action since the last game of the regular season. "
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: AFC Championship - Indianapolis or New England?

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:56 pm

latraffic wrote:"The Patriots' secondary is better than the Chiefs', but not much....."

Is this guy on crack? The Pats secondary is not much better than the Chiefs'?! Has he not heard of Ty Law? He alone makes the Pats secondary better than the Chiefs, then on top of him they have Poole and Harrison. I think an argument can be made that the Pats have the best secondary in the league.

It'll be a close game but I think the Pats squeak this one out. Besides, it'll be 30 below again in Gillette.....passing is going to be a beast.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Poobah » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:09 pm

If it doesn't snow, I think the Colts pull out a great game something like 31-27. If it does snow all bets are off, and whoever gets the luckiest break will win. These teams are very well matched up. Rooting for the Colts, and against the Pats. Eventually these masters of winning ugly have to lose a friggin' game.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Early weather reports are for mild weather so it might be another shoot out. I like the Pats to win simply because a Brady just keeps making plays and the Colts D is totally exploitible. Plus there is a trend in the NFL that a team that scores 30+ points in 3 straight weeks blows the 4th week. How can you go against that?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk