What is everyone's dream team on the game? Mine:

QB/LB- Daunte Culpepper
RB/S- Clinton Portis
FB/LB- Ray Lewis
WR/CB- Randy Moss
WR/CB- Rod Woodson
OL/DL- Chris Hovan
OL/DL- Jevon Kearse

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:51 pm

I got off work at 2pm today and it is now 11pm, I have not put down the controler yet. If you liked blitz at all you will LOVE this game. Way better then Blitz and yes you can play online on the PS2 version. I would suggest this to and EA/Blitz fan.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:49 am

hmm..seems I will have to "accquire" this game.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:50 am

AF wrote:I got off work at 2pm today and it is now 11pm, I have not put down the controler yet. If you liked blitz at all you will LOVE this game. Way better then Blitz and yes you can play online on the PS2 version. I would suggest this to and EA/Blitz fan.

hmmm....at first glance, I thought it looked kinda stupid, but now I'm starting to wonder if I should give it a whirl :-?
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby AF » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:01 pm

If you're not sure just rent it to try it out or something. The part I like the most is being able to play online. It's a good game to begin with but the online adds another level.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:54 pm

Okay, I got this game Sunday and haven't played Madden since. I still probably like Madden better, but "Street" is pretty dang fun. It does have a bit of a learning curve, if you are used to the Madden controls but you'll get the hang of it.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:26 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Okay, I got this game Sunday and haven't played Madden since. I still probably like Madden better, but "Street" is pretty dang fun. It does have a bit of a learning curve, if you are used to the Madden controls but you'll get the hang of it.

ok thanks i was thinkin id get it... i think i will now.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:37 pm

terpfan wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Okay, I got this game Sunday and haven't played Madden since. I still probably like Madden better, but "Street" is pretty dang fun. It does have a bit of a learning curve, if you are used to the Madden controls but you'll get the hang of it.

ok thanks i was thinkin id get it... i think i will now.

Alright, cool. It's tons of fun to build your team up in "NFL Challenge" mode and it's great for multiplayer.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:31 pm

well i got the game and it is alot of fun to play... but im VERY dissapointed with nfl challenge. they start u off with a team of made up losers so thats its really hard to win any games or improve ur players or get any real nfl players. that coupled with having to beat 4 nfl teams in one sitting to beat the stage or else having to start over really set me off the nfl challenge. i dont see why they dont just start u off with an nfl team ad have u build around it like in nba street. ugh, well enough venting. multiplayer is definately streets strong suit.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games