Uncovering old memories: The NES - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Uncovering old memories: The NES

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:08 am

man, TechmoBowl, the original and only the original, was the best. trying to guess which of the 4 plays were being run. Pick the right defense, and your opponent feels the force of 11 players tackling him at once. Unless they were SF and ran the TE post to Russ Francis... That play was unstoppable, even if you picked it.

Ronnie Lot running crazy all over the field, Bo Jackson fast as hell. Those were great times.

Whats everyones scoring record on the original Tecmo? My best score ever was 77-0... Lost a bet that time that I could score 80. Last play Ronnie Lot was returning an interception and got stopped at like the 5 when time was out. Ohhhh the humanity.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Woody76 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:26 am

I still have both my NES and my Atari 2600. Zelda was my favorite game for the NES, but my favorite sports game was Baseball Stars. Also, River City Ransom and Super Dodgeball both were real fun. My mom still has an original pong machine somewhere in her attic. Now that is old school ;-D
Woody76
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:42 am

Homeless wrote:We moved on to that kung foo karate type game.... for the life of me I cant recall its name now... had multiple characters, each had a special power, the Indian guy could stretch his arms and legs across the screen... what the heck was that game called ? they made a movie about it. :-? :-? :-? :-? getting old sucks ! :-t

Street Fighter was the name of the game... My brother still has the stand up arcade version in his house....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:48 am

Mike Tyson's Punchout was the best video game on the NES...

Others that rocked:

Zelda
Top Gun
The Simpsons (Bart v. the Space Mutants)
Super Mario Brothers (the original)
Excite Bike
Double Dragon
Double Dribble
Contra
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Total Recall
Karate Kid
Castlevania

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Good ol' NES days..........

I actually was fortunate enough to hold onto my collection over the years and in the past 5 upgraded it a lil.

Currently I have 290 different NES games(no dups) and every damn accessory u can imagine.

A couple years ago me and some guys decided to replenish this collection and we built three, 5 foot tall standing custom NES shelves, each row fits about 12 games.....Flippin looks good, if any of you are interested in making one you can PM me and I will get some digital pics of them.

But for games.....All-time Fav's are all 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Tecmo Bowl (the 1st one)

To this day me and the guys still get hella drunk and bust out some mean Tecmo Bowl action, best part is there is only 4 plays in the game, makes it one tough bitch. :-D

If any of you have any questions about games or accessories you can ask me, I have about everything except Bubble Bath Babes the game......my entire collection is worth about $3K
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:15 am

The Balanced Man wrote:man, TechmoBowl, the original and only the original, was the best. trying to guess which of the 4 plays were being run. Pick the right defense, and your opponent feels the force of 11 players tackling him at once. Unless they were SF and ran the TE post to Russ Francis... That play was unstoppable, even if you picked it.

Ronnie Lot running crazy all over the field, Bo Jackson fast as hell. Those were great times.

Whats everyones scoring record on the original Tecmo? My best score ever was 77-0... Lost a bet that time that I could score 80. Last play Ronnie Lot was returning an interception and got stopped at like the 5 when time was out. Ohhhh the humanity.

I remember that if you were thr Giants and had the O.G. LT noone could score a extra point let alone a field goal with that crackheaded moinster lineing up over center a dicing on the ball on the set. Tecmo was cool- but Superbowl was a ton better (could finaly play all the teams and could change your plays.

RBI baseball The first one (Tiger were great in that game '85. Bring in Bill "Mad Dog" Matlock off the bench with runners on in the later innings was an instant Homerun. You could also play as Houson and have Nolan Ryan and M. Scott combine for nothing but 100 mph fast balls for the whole game (about 4 inning each)
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:10 am

Alkaholik wrote:Good ol' NES days..........

I actually was fortunate enough to hold onto my collection over the years and in the past 5 upgraded it a lil.

Currently I have 290 different NES games(no dups) and every damn accessory u can imagine.

A couple years ago me and some guys decided to replenish this collection and we built three, 5 foot tall standing custom NES shelves, each row fits about 12 games.....Flippin looks good, if any of you are interested in making one you can PM me and I will get some digital pics of them.

But for games.....All-time Fav's are all 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Tecmo Bowl (the 1st one)

To this day me and the guys still get hella drunk and bust out some mean Tecmo Bowl action, best part is there is only 4 plays in the game, makes it one tough bitch. :-D

If any of you have any questions about games or accessories you can ask me, I have about everything except Bubble Bath Babes the game......my entire collection is worth about $3K

And I thought my Buddies collection of 70 or so was big. Guess he's been trumped.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moonhead » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:56 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Good ol' NES days..........

And I thought my Buddies collection of 70 or so was big. Guess he's been trumped.

yeah, i thought i was cool with my 50 games and a working NES. Apparently i'm just some chump with a working NES.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:44 pm

IWho needs all those games. I only have 5 and they are all the ones you need.

1.Techmoball
2.Techmo Superbowl
3.RBI base Baseball
4.Double Dribble*
5.The Legendary Black Bass**

*Was the New York Team Mascot a Joint or a Rubber? To this day it still bothers me.

**I cant believe that no one has mentioned The Black Bass. The game was beyond cool. NES 1st fishing game. I live in michigan and love fishing, but I cant stand Ice fishing so how else am I going to enjoy the thrill of the catch?

I gathered up about twenty controllers at one point. Techmo can get quite heated and many a controller has been sacraficed after the mysterious X play that often happened in the endzone (usually when a long pass play was called in the redzone and you wait to long to hit your reciever.
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:54 pm

supermario bros 3...yep and some good news for you guys, if im not mistaken nintendo has announced that the new system they will release is bafckwards compatable with *all* of their old systems games
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Previous

Return to Video Games