New systems... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

New systems...

Moderator: Football Moderators

New systems...

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:16 pm

I have a Gamecube right now and want a new system. Has anybody heard anything about the new systems like the next Xbox and PS3 and when they are coming out? I heard late '04 or early '05, anybody hear any different? I don't have much money so if what I heard is true I would rather save for a year and get top-of-the-line than buy a PS2 or XBox now and have a out-dated system in a year. Anybody know?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:23 pm

I'd imagine any announcements on new systems would be made this spring (April, methinks) at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3 - I think that's what it stands for). That's where all of the videogame companies gather to show off their new products and such.

The one thing I like about buying an old system is that the games are all considerably cheap. I bought a Sega Dreamcast about two years ago, and the most expensive game for it was $20 - new. Most were around $5 or $10.

It's always fun to be the one of the few who have the new system, though...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:30 pm

its about time to come out wiht a new batch, i havent heard anything as of yet tho
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:51 pm

Alright thanks, I will ust keep checkin ign, gamespot, eb, and all those sites for news. If I don't hear anything I will probably just buy a PS2, maybe I can find a cheap used one....time to go check eBay
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:28 pm

Go to google and type in PS3...there are prototypes and all kinds of ideas and info floating around...check it out and see fo'yoself.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:45 pm

If you are into Nintendo, they are supposedly coming out with something called the "N5" (at least that's the working title - I think it's cool) probably next year. I might be wrong though. I am personally a Nintendo fan but that's just what I grew up with.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:45 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Go to google and type in PS3...there are prototypes and all kinds of ideas and info floating around...check it out and see fo'yoself.

Alright thanks, I ckecked on eBay and to get a PS2, adapter, and Madden it will be a little over $200. Not too bad.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:27 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:If you are into Nintendo, they are supposedly coming out with something called the "N5" (at least that's the working title - I think it's cool) probably next year. I might be wrong though. I am personally a Nintendo fan but that's just what I grew up with.

I have always been a Nintendo fan also but I don't really like the selection of games they had for G-Cube. I also would like to play online and the Cube's online capabilities suck. You can't play hardly anything online. That is why I am thinkin PS, EA online and it is cheaper than XBox. I will see what I can find on the N5 though.

As far as the PS3 goes, from what I found on google it shouldn't be in the USA until at least '05 probably late 05 or early 06 though so it is still a good 2 years away.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:00 pm

Here is the best artcle I found on it. Not much is known but it is almost definitely going to be mid 05 at least.

New systems
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:55 pm

Since the new systems probably aren't coming out until mid 05 I am checking into buying one now. I have a couple questions for you guys...

1, do any of you have an off-brand adapter? I noticed there are a couple online adapters for PS2 that are different brands and are cheaper. Do they work as good?

2, Do any of you have a headset? I know they sell them and it would be cool but how cool would it be if you can't talk because the other person doesn't have one...my main purpose is for Madden 04.

On eBay I have found that I could probably get a PS2 for about $130 max. Then I found Madden for about $30 and a Sony adapter will be at least $30. So that would be almost $200 plus shipping. That's not too bad.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games