Madden franchise mode....arrrggghhhhh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden franchise mode....arrrggghhhhh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden franchise mode....arrrggghhhhh

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:22 pm

ugh, im addicted maddly to this..............

i havent played a single game, i just play GM all the time, and then i simulate the games, and occasionally juggle the starters, unfortunately only 2 superbowl appearances(1 SB win) in 7 seasons, and a whole lot of wildcard game loses.....

any of you cats ever do this? I have had the best o-lines ever,(4 guys rated over 90, and the 5th rated 80 something) and i also got something like 67 sacks in one season, but just havent been able to form a dynasty.

I suppose had i actually played the games instead of simulating them, i prolly woulda won a few more SB's by now, but i think its more fun to just be the front office head honcho.

I found that it works best to not ever screw with draft picks, i always trade em away for good players, and i seem to have good luck making trades to get rid pf those aging players, and replace em with a veteren thats a few years younger. So far i have 2 guys from the draft that are worth a hoot, and a third that makes an awesome kick returner.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:26 pm

i was addicted for a while, but i played all my games. I always drafted shocket, gonzo, and heap and then mawae and the other good center and traded them for studs. I could get some amazing players for gonzo and mawae and have shockey or heap as my starter.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:27 pm

yea, it's addicting stuff...many late nights spent on shaping up the teams ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:47 pm

i didnt start with a draft, i just picked a team, then went from there....kinda looked to see what i could do immediately before the season started in week 1 with a few moves(usually trading away draft picks), then i let the season progress unbtil it was overm then i evaluate from there, and get my own stamp on the team. lately i been using bad teams, and seeing how fast i can get em loaded.....its kinda fun that way.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:28 am

I'm in an owner's mode now where I did a franchise draft....I'm freaking hooked on it....I stay up way too late and have to wake up early for work the next day :-/ . I simulate some and play some too. Not to try and hi-jack this thread, but i have 2 questions for anyone who has been doing the O.M. for a while:
1. In pre-seaon, after my draft, I want to play a lot of rookies and younger guys to boost their stats progression. Do I need to put them as starters on my depth chart before the preseason games, to give them their playing time? Also, can I simulate the entire preseason and still get progress on stats (abilities). I simulated my last preseason, and none of my players numbers went up so now I'm confused.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:11 am

DUKE wrote:1. In pre-seaon, after my draft, I want to play a lot of rookies and younger guys to boost their stats progression. Do I need to put them as starters on my depth chart before the preseason games, to give them their playing time?

Well, yes and no. If you simulate the preseason everyone will get stats, because it automatically puts in backups.

I believe it works out such that:

1st game: subs come in after 1st q
2nd game: subs come in for 2nd half
3rd game: subs come in for 2nd half
4th game: subs come in after 1st q

So technically, your 2nd string would get the most PT, with 10 total quarters, while your starters only get 6 quarters...

HOWEVER, keep in mind that if you put your rookie RB in there with your backup O-line, or rookie WR in with your backup QB, their stats per quarter aren't going to be as good.

DUKE wrote:Also, can I simulate the entire preseason and still get progress on stats (abilities). I simulated my last preseason, and none of my players numbers went up so now I'm confused.

Yes, though improvements players make due to preseason are very minor compared to the improvements they make at the end of the regular season.

Here's a tip for you. When drafting, everything on the scouting report correlates to an attribute category. Most of you know this, for instance, 40-time is speed, cone and shuffle are agility and accel, etc.

However, what most people don't know is that the "Interview" on the scouting report correlates to their "potential." So, if their interview was "great" they will be much more likely to get much better from season to season than someone who's interview was "below average." Of course, other things like performance and injuries affect this as well, but given the same stats over the course of the season, the guy with a "great" interview's attributes would improve by 2-3 times as much.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:51 am

Free Bagel wrote:
DUKE wrote:1. In pre-seaon, after my draft, I want to play a lot of rookies and younger guys to boost their stats progression. Do I need to put them as starters on my depth chart before the preseason games, to give them their playing time?

Well, yes and no. If you simulate the preseason everyone will get stats, because it automatically puts in backups.

I believe it works out such that:

1st game: subs come in after 1st q
2nd game: subs come in for 2nd half
3rd game: subs come in for 2nd half
4th game: subs come in after 1st q

So technically, your 2nd string would get the most PT, with 10 total quarters, while your starters only get 6 quarters...

HOWEVER, keep in mind that if you put your rookie RB in there with your backup O-line, or rookie WR in with your backup QB, their stats per quarter aren't going to be as good.

DUKE wrote:Also, can I simulate the entire preseason and still get progress on stats (abilities). I simulated my last preseason, and none of my players numbers went up so now I'm confused.

Yes, though improvements players make due to preseason are very minor compared to the improvements they make at the end of the regular season.

Here's a tip for you. When drafting, everything on the scouting report correlates to an attribute category. Most of you know this, for instance, 40-time is speed, cone and shuffle are agility and accel, etc.

However, what most people don't know is that the "Interview" on the scouting report correlates to their "potential." So, if their interview was "great" they will be much more likely to get much better from season to season than someone who's interview was "below average." Of course, other things like performance and injuries affect this as well, but given the same stats over the course of the season, the guy with a "great" interview's attributes would improve by 2-3 times as much.

cool...thanks....I usually tended to look more for speed than interview....will try it out ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Video Games