Owens: To keep me, get rid of Garcia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens: To keep me, get rid of Garcia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you keep Garcia or Owens?

Garcia
55%
Owens
45%

Total votes : 33

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:02 pm

wow...when I voted, Garcia and Owens were tied at 2 a piece. Now it's 10-3...my my my

I know TO's got an attitude problem, and he doesn't agree with the 49ers system, but he is a much bigger talent than Garcia is. Garcia was mediocre all year, until showing some flashes of greatness with his 5 TD game (against ARIZONA...quite an accomplishment)...the guy just got a DUI and was 3 TIMES OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT...you can't say he's perfect off the field either. Both are assholes, sure, but you gotta keep the better player. Just look at the Vikes, they never got rid of Moss - and he was outstanding this year.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:07 pm

While I don't like T.O. much, I would rather have him than Jeff Garcia if I were the 49ers. Rattay is good enough to spread the ball out.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, though. He'll start referring to himself in the third person if he got that kind of control. Err, nevermind. He'd definitely go on a bigger power trip, though...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:34 pm

TO is a better player but thats a terrible attitude to have "its him or me" :-P u dont want an ahole like that on ur team.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:01 pm

i like TO because a QBisnt as inportant in FF, i like TO as a great gamebreaker
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby fantasizing » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:03 pm

You guys are forgetting that during the first half of the season Garcia was terrible. He wasn't throwing accurately and didn't seem to scramble as he used to. He was injured all season.
I think TO got frustrated because of Garcia's poor performance.
You see, this was supposed to be TO's big year, a contract year.
He wanted to show all those teams out there that he was the best WR in football. Well, it didn't happen. Now, I think he's blaming Garcia for his lack luster season. Although, 1100 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games is not all that bad. That's what P. Price had last year, and everyone got all excited about him when he got shipped off to Atlanta.

If I were the 49ers, I would rather keep TO than Garcia. Garcia is what, 34 now? Garcia's strength has always been his scrambling ability, not his arm, and as he gets older he won't be able to do that as well. TO is only 29, and based on his physique, I'd say he's got at least 5 more years where he can be dominant. Rattay is young, and has a good arm.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:07 pm

I don't think the case is really keeping Garcia or Owens. I think it's more keeping Owens or getting rid of Owens.

Even if Garcia were to retire or something, Owens wouldn't be back. I hope that prick never goes to a team I like..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:10 pm

fantasizing: TO doesnt keep peace in the lockeroom...he shouldnt blame teammates for his stats not being up...i mean what the hell is he thinking? when ur on a team youre supposed to be playing to win...not to boost ur own stats...name one coach who wants a greedy and selfish jerk :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:46 pm

I agree. TO is selfish and wants all the glory. But, unlike R.Moss, TO comes to play every single game. He is a competitor. He plays hard and wants to succeed. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when R.Moss and Culpepper were screaming at each other on the sidelines? How things have changed.

Friendliness: %

Postby Josh Weed » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:22 am

I would have thought the pats and cats in the superbowl this year would show people you dont have to have the best talent to get there, you need team chemistry though. TO is waaaay more of a distraction to the team and I dont feel woudl really help the team that much. HE will be asking for waaay too much money, and rather than giving it to him, they could save it and put it towards better character guys. They have a good young Rb, a good young wr and QB is a question, save the money, go draft a WR or QB, and move out without TO. They will be better off that way
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:I agree. TO is selfish and wants all the glory. But, unlike R.Moss, TO comes to play every single game. He is a competitor. He plays hard and wants to succeed. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when R.Moss and Culpepper were screaming at each other on the sidelines? How things have changed.

The difference here is that Moss was young and stupid, but has since matured.

If I'm not mistaken, Owens is already 30, he should be way past that by now. He doesn't really have a couple years to figure it out like Moss did (being that he was only 23 or so). Plus, Moss never took it to the point where said he was gone if they didn't find a better QB...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk