Owens: To keep me, get rid of Garcia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens: To keep me, get rid of Garcia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you keep Garcia or Owens?

Garcia
55%
Owens
45%

Total votes : 33

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:02 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Plus, Moss never took it to the point where said he was gone if they didn't find a better QB...

good comparison especially since pepper and garcia have both had similiarly up and down years in the careers...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:44 pm

I vote TO. He is a gamebreaker. Garcia isn't.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 pm

The 49'ers would be a better team with Rattay and Owens than with Garcia (and without Owens). That said, if the 49'ers save $18 millionish by not signing him, and use that money to grab one of the top-notch cornerbacks on the free agent market, name Barlow the primary RB, then draft Reggie Williams... I would be a very excited 49'er fan going into 2004.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:48 pm

owens never had a bad dui either. makes me wonder how mcuh of that locker room stuff was predicated on garcia being a bit of a drunken jerk.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby latraffic » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:35 am

Not a big fan of Owens or Garcia but if I had to decide between a top 3 WR in football and a fading middle of the pack QB, no contest. The goal is to win football games and for that you need to aquire talent.

Unless of course you are in New England or Carolina. ;-D
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:11 pm

I hear you that TO is a bigger talent. There is no doubt that he is, but you can't allow any guy to go around dictating who stays and who goes. It is like a cancer on your team. After a statement like that you have to let him go!
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 49ers Forever » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:31 pm

Two things. First, in response to "guest"s comment about moss yelling at culpepper: was it better that TO ripped into the offensive freaking coordinator in the middle of a game. Second, absolutely, TO is the better talent, but he will require waaaay too much money for the 9ers to compete. The pats fan earlier was right, also, that chemistry is necessary to get anywhere in the Parity Football League. Bucs had it last year, pats before that..... Not that I think Garcia will still be starting QB by the end of the year, But Rattay has a good arm and the 9ers could stand a better CB and a young WR.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk