Problem! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Problem!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Problem!

Postby DUKE » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:39 pm

My freaking playstation just screwed up on me. It won't load any of my games :-[ :-[ :-o :~( ! I know this online league is about to start, and what great timing it has...I called Sony and they told me to send it to them and they will fix it, but they told me that they can't give me a time table as to when I might see it back...If someone can take my place to keep things moving, that would be ok by me. I'm very pissed about this and am not really sure if there's a better solution...When ido finally get it back, i'd like to play a few of you for the hell of it...sorry about this, but can't help my un-timely luck.. :-#
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:41 pm

does it say disc read error when u try to load it? mine was doing that and my friend brought over this cleaner disc... its a little disc that u put in the ps2 and it cleans it. worked like a charm. the error is because the little laser thing is dirty, apparently that cleaned it. i hope u can get it fixed!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:43 pm

oh i just rmemeber another thing people say to try is to turn the ps2 on its side so its vertical. this didnt work for me but its worth a shot.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:43 pm

I am no expert on this but as I have been searching for a PS2 on eBay to buy I have seen a couple items up for buying that gaurauntee to fix any disk errors your PS2 gives you. They were a buy-it-now for like $3 and it has no shipping because it is like instructions that he emails to you and it is garaunteed. Not sure if it works or not but $3 is cheaper than the shipping would be to send it to them and it would be quicker too. I will see if I can find a link for ya.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:49 pm

DUKE...

Obviously I don't know what your problem is...BUT If you can't play any DVD, CD, or PS2 game then I know exactly what's wrong. It's a well known issue.

I sent my PS2 in for the first time it happened, and it took them about 3 weeks to get it back. They fixed it free of charge and renewed the warranty (which was expiring the next month) ...which was nice.

But the problem occurs quite often now. So instead of reshipping it back to Sony I decided to do it on my own and dude, there's no reason you shouldn't either.

It seriously takes 15 minutes from beginning to end. And it's a breeze to do.

here's one of the best write ups on how to do it:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3516150,00.html

**You will void your warranty** doing this yourself however...but hell...it's not like they can fix it for good. Might as well keep it home and DIY.
Last edited by awwchrist on Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys...I'm desperate at this point, so I'll go tonight and grab a cleaner disk and try it...I just tried the vertical thing after reading this, but to no avail.

It's not loading and is making a "clicking" or knocking sound. It sounds like it's having fits inside there..
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:02 pm

yeah the clicking sounds familiar... i hope the disc works. im thinkin some sort of cleaner will work and that its just that the lense is dirty. good luck
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:46 pm

good luck man...hope it pans out ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:02 pm

I want your opinion on something I may try. I read taht guide to fixing a disk error problem and I think I could do it pretty easily. I went on eBay and I found that quite a few people are selling their "broken" PS2s for pretty cheap because they have a disk reading error. I haven't been able to have any luck on getting a working PS2 for the money I have so I may buy a "broken" one and fix it myself. I also figure that there is a good chance that it would have that problem if I bought a working one anyway so I might as well, right?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:12 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I want your opinion on something I may try. I read taht guide to fixing a disk error problem and I think I could do it pretty easily. I went on eBay and I found that quite a few people are selling their "broken" PS2s for pretty cheap because they have a disk reading error. I haven't been able to have any luck on getting a working PS2 for the money I have so I may buy a "broken" one and fix it myself. I also figure that there is a good chance that it would have that problem if I bought a working one anyway so I might as well, right?

That might be a little risky. I'd rather save up a little more and buy a used one that actually works.

...If you think you can fix it though and that it's worth the risk, go for it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Video Games