Problem! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Problem!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:31 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I want your opinion on something I may try. I read taht guide to fixing a disk error problem and I think I could do it pretty easily. I went on eBay and I found that quite a few people are selling their "broken" PS2s for pretty cheap because they have a disk reading error. I haven't been able to have any luck on getting a working PS2 for the money I have so I may buy a "broken" one and fix it myself. I also figure that there is a good chance that it would have that problem if I bought a working one anyway so I might as well, right?

how cheap? its not a bad idea especially if its a really low price, but it is a risk. if u do decide to do it id be interested in knowing how it turns out.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:35 pm

terpfan wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I want your opinion on something I may try. I read taht guide to fixing a disk error problem and I think I could do it pretty easily. I went on eBay and I found that quite a few people are selling their "broken" PS2s for pretty cheap because they have a disk reading error. I haven't been able to have any luck on getting a working PS2 for the money I have so I may buy a "broken" one and fix it myself. I also figure that there is a good chance that it would have that problem if I bought a working one anyway so I might as well, right?

how cheap? its not a bad idea especially if its a really low price, but it is a risk. if u do decide to do it id be interested in knowing how it turns out.

The ones I see that are "broken" right now are ending at like $50 plus about $15 shipping. The used working ones are ending at like $100 plus about $30 shipping, the brand new ones are ending at at like $130 plus like $30 shipping so it is a pretty big difference. I think what I may do it call my local EB tomorrow and play like I have one and ask them if a disk read er. can be fixed and see what they say.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:20 am

Never mind...I got a working one on eBay for $130 with shipping. Now I just have to go to EB to get the online adapter and try to bid on madden.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Video Games