Charles Rogers Slow to Recover... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers Slow to Recover...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Rogers Slow to Recover...

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:49 pm

When he first broke his collar bone, it was initially reported he would mix about six weeks. Now it's looking like he will barely be making it to the first off-season workouts...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/DET/7026261

During the high school football season, a few of the guys broke their collar bones and they were back in about two months. What's going on with Rogers? Did he have any injury problems in college?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:24 pm

ive got high hopes for him this year if he can get and stay healthy... i hope this isnt a recrring problem, the kid has a LOT of potential.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:28 am

To the best of my increasingly feeble memory I can recall no injuries while at MSU. His problems were the same that he had shown in the short time he played this season; he doesn't run routes well and drops a lot of passes. He also has had problems with the physical play in the NFL and has been slowed off the line of scrimmage. I wouldn't think that his collarbone injury will hold him back any, nobody heals that slowly. What I would be on the watch for is his attitude. At MSU he seemed dis-interested in doing the grunt work of a WR and seemed to take plays off.
That said, I think he still has the potential to be a stud.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby DUKE » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:07 pm

moochman wrote:To the best of my increasingly feeble memory I can recall no injuries while at MSU. His problems were the same that he had shown in the short time he played this season; he doesn't run routes well and drops a lot of passes. He also has had problems with the physical play in the NFL and has been slowed off the line of scrimmage. I wouldn't think that his collarbone injury will hold him back any, nobody heals that slowly. What I would be on the watch for is his attitude. At MSU he seemed dis-interested in doing the grunt work of a WR and seemed to take plays off.

hasn't he had some hamstring issues as well?
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:06 pm

DUKE wrote:
moochman wrote:To the best of my increasingly feeble memory I can recall no injuries while at MSU. His problems were the same that he had shown in the short time he played this season; he doesn't run routes well and drops a lot of passes. He also has had problems with the physical play in the NFL and has been slowed off the line of scrimmage. I wouldn't think that his collarbone injury will hold him back any, nobody heals that slowly. What I would be on the watch for is his attitude. At MSU he seemed dis-interested in doing the grunt work of a WR and seemed to take plays off.

hasn't he had some hamstring issues as well?

Yeah,what DUKE said.I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what kept him from coming back this season,the hammy,not the clavicle.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:34 pm

I can't remember anything about a hamstring injury with Rogers, either in college or this season. He missed time in the preseason with a dislocated finger and went on IR due to a slow recovery from his clavicle. It is a concern that he takes so long to heal, and hopefully this won't be a sign of things to come.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Shatner8 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:35 pm

I heard reports after he was injured that he would be back by the end of the season. This must be much worse than they thought, i hope hes alright hes got a ton of talent
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:16 pm

Do I sense the ora of Randy Moss?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:24 pm

moochman wrote:I can't remember anything about a hamstring injury with Rogers, either in college or this season. He missed time in the preseason with a dislocated finger and went on IR due to a slow recovery from his clavicle. It is a concern that he takes so long to heal, and hopefully this won't be a sign of things to come.

Yeah,you're right Mooch,I don't know who I was thinking of,Charlie did heal slow and eventually was put on IR because of the slow healing which made him lose so much conditioning in his upper body.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:59 pm

I had this guy last year and was happy to get him. I thought he was the talent of the draft. I was really frustrated that he got injured and never returned. I thought it would only be a few weeks! Anyway, I don't remember injuries from college on this guy. Especially not his last two years.

My take is that he was so much bigger and faster in college that most DB's played off of him. That aint how it is done in the NFL where DB's love putting the smack down on rookie WR's. Also, I think Detroit overused him because the team sucked. Combine the two and you have injuries.

He has the stuff to be a stud in '04. I was happy with his #'s while he was healthy. I am just relying on him to be my second or third receiver. They need a running game to protect him and to get DB's to consider another option as compared to T-ing off on him. If not he could just keep getting injured.

WELCOME TO THE NFL
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk