The Future of the NFL at the RB position? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Future of the NFL at the RB position?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:21 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Canacuna wrote:...That's enough Onterrio/Bennett talk.

How 'bout that Justin Fargas (or anyone other than Onterrio/Bennett)?

Canacuna eats pig knuckle sandwiches for breakfast.

Mmm... Pig knuckle sandwiches... :-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:11 pm

I'd just like to add one more thing about Bennett vs Onterrio Canacuna dances at the Blue Oyster on Thursdays then we can end it. If we all agree that the RBs for Minny can rush for 1900 (which they have done the last 2 years), that's even better for Bennett since most of you think Smith isn't that good or unproven. With his breakaway speed, he should be good for 1300-1400 yards easy with at least 6 TDs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:14 pm

is bennet the fastest guy in the nfl? i know chad johnson is also really fast.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:16 pm

Football Newbie wrote:is bennet the fastest guy in the nfl? i know chad johnson is also really fast.

Probably either him or Santana Moss.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:00 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I'd just like to add one more thing about Bennett vs Onterrio Canacuna dances at the Blue Oyster on Thursdays then we can end it. If we all agree that the RBs for Minny can rush for 1900 (which they have done the last 2 years), that's even better for Bennett since most of you think Smith isn't that good or unproven. With his breakaway speed, he should be good for 1300-1400 yards easy with at least 6 TDs.

Well, he had 1300 yds in 2002.....so your range is certainly possible. I tend to think it will be sub 1200, but we'll see. Problem is, I don't see him ever turning into a 1500+ yd back, and I don't see him getting alot of goal-line carries.....so his upside is limited. I would rank him anywhere from 20-25 for next year, good for a #3 RB spot on a fantasy squad.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:17 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I'd just like to add one more thing about Bennett vs Onterrio Canacuna dances at the Blue Oyster on Thursdays then we can end it. If we all agree that the RBs for Minny can rush for 1900 (which they have done the last 2 years), that's even better for Bennett since most of you think Smith isn't that good or unproven. With his breakaway speed, he should be good for 1300-1400 yards easy with at least 6 TDs.

Well, he had 1300 yds in 2002.....so your range is certainly possible. I tend to think it will be sub 1200, but we'll see. Problem is, I don't see him ever turning into a 1500+ yd back, and I don't see him getting alot of goal-line carries.....so his upside is limited. I would rank him anywhere from 20-25 for next year, good for a #3 RB spot on a fantasy squad.

That would mean 19-24 RBs better than him.

Off the top of my head.

01. LT
02. Portis
03. Holmes
04. Green
05. Lewis
06. McAllister
07. Alexander
08. James
09. Taylor
10. Barlow
11. D.Davis
12. Henry
13. Williams
14. Faulk
15. S. Davis
16. Barber? (I'm really reaching here)

Okay after this, you don't have much as far as young stud talent, or every down starters. You have a bunch of "gut feeling" types: Thomas Jones, Shipp, Rudi, Dillon, Westbrook, A-Train or an assortment of average RBBC or aging vets.Canacuna dances in thongs to R. Kelly

I'd venture to say Bennett is more talented than the last 6 RBs I just mentioned. Even if you add in 2 breakout rookies that we don't know about yet, that would push Bennett down to 19 at most (the edge of your prediction).

19th overall = #2 RB, which is where I see him; middle of the road #2 and I'd be glad to have him as my #2. I think he's good enough to sneak into the top 15, which would make him one of the best #2s in the league. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:23 pm

If I were drafting right now I'd take Atrain, Rudi, and Dillon ahead of Bennett.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:34 pm

Free Bagel wrote:If I were drafting right now I'd take Atrain, Rudi, and Dillon ahead of Bennett.

I can see already that I'm going to be in trouble with Rudi. I really like his potential if he gets the solo gig which means I'll probably take him way too early and he'll be a dud.
Last edited by Gunslinger on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:48 pm

KingGhidra wrote:That would mean 19-24 RBs better than him.

Off the top of my head.

01. LT
02. Portis
03. Holmes
04. Green
05. Lewis
06. McAllister
07. Alexander
08. James
09. Taylor
10. Barlow
11. D.Davis
12. Henry
13. Williams
14. Faulk
15. S. Davis
16. Barber? (I'm really reaching here)

Okay after this, you don't have much as far as young stud talent, or every down starters. You have a bunch of "gut feeling" types: Thomas Jones, Shipp, Rudi, Dillon, Westbrook, A-Train or an assortment of average RBBC or aging vets.Canacuna dances in thongs to R. Kelly

I'd venture to say Bennett is more talented than the last 6 RBs I just mentioned. Even if you add in 2 breakout rookies that we don't know about yet, that would push Bennett down to 19 at most (the edge of your prediction).

19th overall = #2 RB, which is where I see him; middle of the road #2 and I'd be glad to have him as my #2. I think he's good enough to sneak into the top 15, which would make him one of the best #2s in the league. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Good list....I would add, ahead of Bennet:
Martin - I think he's got one more year in him, with Pennington back should take some of the pressure off him.....his TD total this year was an arbitration, yardage total was decent this year

Rudi - Depends on the Dillon situation, but had some amazing games.....might finish about the same as Bennet, but more upside

Dillon - Depends on if he gets out of Cinci and where he ends up, as I recall you were a bit more optimistic on him the last time we argued

About the same level as Bennet:
Shipp - Assuming Emmit will sit down and shut up
A-Train - At least he won't be in an RBBC
Westbrook - RBBC, feel almost identical about him as I do Bennet
Staley - Depends on where he ends up and the situation
Pittman - a bit of a stretch here.....

So yeah, 20-25 seems about right.....
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:43 pm

Here's how I'd rank them...

1.) LaDainian Tomlinson
2.) Priest Holmes
3.) Clinton Portis
4.) Deuce McAllister
5.) Ahman Green
6.) Shaun Alexander
7.) Jamal Lewis
8.) Ricky Williams
9.) Fred Taylor
10.) Edgerrin James
11.) Travis Henry
12.) Marshall Faulk
13.) Domanick Davis
14.) Rudi Johnson
15.) Stephen Davis
16.) Kevan Barlow
17.) Michael Bennett
18.) Tiki Barber
19.) Corey Dillon

I'm not as high on Kevan Barlow as a lot of others are. He ended the season with a few good games, but has had trouble taking the starting job away from an aging, injury prone Garrison Hearst the last few years. I'll wait for him to prove himself before risking a high round pick on him.

I think Bennett has the ability to produce like he did a few years ago, even with Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams stealing a few carries. He improved a lot in the season after his rookie campaign, and I think he will continue to do so.

KingGhidra wrote:Canacuna dances in thongs to R. Kelly

...You know you like it. ;-)

I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk