Norv=Raider HC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Norv=Raider HC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:00 am

L Fitz is too slow to be a top pick. I expect the Raiders to select Robert Gallery with the #2 pick, or trade it.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:59 am

Anonymous wrote:L Fitz is too slow to be a top pick. I expect the Raiders to select Robert Gallery with the #2 pick, or trade it.

Speed isn't everything at the WR position. If it was, guys like James Jett would be the best WRs. Fitzgerald does something half the WRs in this league wish they could do: catch. If you can catch and run a route well, you can be more than effective; just ask Jerry Rice.

In fact, the Raiders already have someone to handle the duties of a stretch the field receiver: Jerry Porter. Fitz would be a perfect compliment to him in Oakland. Think Eric Moulds & Peerless Price.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:12 am

I stopped reading the replies because...this team is in a rebuilding year,,,he will last the whole year,,,I hate this team with a passion but if your a coach this is an opp you can't pass up,,you get to build this team the way you want (kinda) (( the Davis factor)) I wish him well but,,I think he falls into the category of great coordinator bad coach.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby latraffic » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:29 am

Well, I love this team with a passion.

And Turner is a hell of a lot better option than frickin' Callahan. But Norv has his work cut out for him. Especially since I think he will loose a lot of players this offseason. Gannon, for one, is rumored to be asking to be released. And without the old field general out there finding a way to move the ball, my boys in Oakland will be in trouble.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:09 am

Anonymous wrote:L Fitz is too slow to be a top pick. I expect the Raiders to select Robert Gallery with the #2 pick, or trade it.

lol L Fitz is too slow to be a top pick...that's funny
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:21 pm

Haha Fitzgerald is too slow to be a top pick?
Please, the guy runs a 4.4 40 and it's his worst attribute.
He's big, fast, runs great routes, physical, and has the best hands I've ever seen. Expect him to be a stud from the getgo.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:23 pm

Haha Fitzgerald is too slow to be a top pick?
Please, the guy runs a 4.4 40 and it's his worst attribute.
He's big, fast, runs great routes, physical, and has the best hands I've ever seen. Expect him to be a stud from the getgo.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:06 pm

I am with the Canuk. I think Norv is going to clash with Davis and besides this team is too thin and too old to get it done no matter who is coaching them. There aint a pick in the draft that is going to get this team to the playoffs.

Having said that. While I have never been a huge Norv fan, he is a much better pick then most of the other guys mentioned for the position.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:30 am

WR's aren't generally taken with the top few picks. Too big of a risk. Remember Keyshawn? Hell of a college career, not worthy of a #1 overall. Sure, L Fitz probably won't stink it up like Key, but a WR at pick #2 is flat out foolish. Maybe they go with Big Ben, but I think they will pass on him. An O-Lineman 6'7"+ with some serious skills is a better pick IMO than a WR who may or may not be a NFL star.

Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:WR's aren't generally taken with the top few picks. Too big of a risk. Remember Keyshawn? Hell of a college career, not worthy of a #1 overall. Sure, L Fitz probably won't stink it up like Key, but a WR at pick #2 is flat out foolish. Maybe they go with Big Ben, but I think they will pass on him. An O-Lineman 6'7"+ with some serious skills is a better pick IMO than a WR who may or may not be a NFL star.

IMO they need to trade down and get a late pick with it also and then get Fitz with like the 7th pick and get a later pick out of it too. Yes they could also use a QB which they could get at #2 but Gannon or Ti can last or they can get one in the second or thrid round.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk