Warner to stick with Rams. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner to stick with Rams.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:38 pm

This may be translated as Warner has no trade value. He showed nothing this season and has a big contract. They may want to give him a chance to win back the starting job and try to trade either one of the two.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:02 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:i think that Warner shuoldhave one more shot
he didnt preform in ONE game while Bulger didnt preform in the REST OF THE SEASON

give the old man a shot and glory will return

Well, that's one way to look at it. Another is that Warner played awful in 100% of his games, while Bulger was at about 70%.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:14 pm

Warner also played in what, 11 games the year before and won ONE (there's that magic number again) of them?

So, in the last two Years, Warner is 1-11 and Bulger is 16-4?

Pretty hefty coincidence there if that's what it is...

Not to mention the players have both publically and privately said they would rather play for Bulger...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby zombiez » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:26 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
he didnt preform in ONE game while Bulger didnt preform in the REST OF THE SEASON

Well, that's one way to look at it. Another is that Warner played awful in 100% of his games, while Bulger was at about 70%.
...........give the guy his due, he did get a concussion in the first quarter, and Martz was too stupid to pull him, can't really blame the guy for haveing a bad game after haveing his brain smash against his skull
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:35 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Warner also played in what, 11 games the year before and won ONE (there's that magic number again) of them?

So, in the last two Years, Warner is 1-11 and Bulger is 16-4?

Pretty hefty coincidence there if that's what it is...

Not to mention the players have both publically and privately said they would rather play for Bulger...

I agree with this. Warner wasn't able to get it done this season, and couldn't win his job back this season. He's done.

Bulger was great last season, great the first half of this season, and had a sub-par second half. He's also young and has no major injuries of concern. I'd let Warner go and spend that money elsewhere.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:51 pm

Zombiez wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

...........give the guy his due, he did get a concussion in the first quarter, and Martz was too stupid to pull him, can't really blame the guy for haveing a bad game after haveing his brain smash against his skull

That's is what I was just about to say. I mean, how is a guy supposed to perform after he had just had a concussion? You think it will make him better? I still think Warner is a better QB but the system has been tampered with too much in StL and he needs to be traded to be back to form.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:56 pm

Well, Warner went to two Super Bowls under almost the same system. He also was playing horrible(fumbling) before he even got the concussion.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:35 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Zombiez wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

That's is what I was just about to say. I mean, how is a guy supposed to perform after he had just had a concussion? You think it will make him better? I still think Warner is a better QB but the system has been tampered with too much in StL and he needs to be traded to be back to form.

I agree with the concussion to a point. He played terrible in 2002 also and that was blamed on a hand injury. It just makes you wonder if excuses are being made for Warner because he was SO good for 2 years then just fell off the map.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:39 pm

If Warner was still able to perform like he did a few years ago, you'd think Martz wouldn't have given up on him so quickly.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Canacuna wrote:If Warner was still able to perform like he did a few years ago, you'd think Martz wouldn't have given up on him so quickly.

You really think that Martz is that smart???
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk