Warner to stick with Rams. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner to stick with Rams.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:38 pm

anyone know if the Rams take a cap hit if they get rid of Warner? I think I read in an article somewhere on espn (though i can't find it anymore) sometime after the playoffs started that the difference between Warner's current value, and the type of cap hit they would get, paying some part of his salary or something (salaries in the big leagues confuse the hel outa me), wouldn't be worth getting rid of him, thus keeping him on the bench in case of a 'controversy' or injury to Bulger was what they would do.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:47 am

It can only help the Rams. I think Bulger should start, Warner would be a nice guy to have as #2 and he can tutor your young #3. There is a chance he can regain his form and his job I suppose. Warner is a huge asset because of his head, morals, etc. I hate the Rams... except when their players lead me to fantasy riches like this year. Worst case...since it looks like Bulger might not be the immidiate answer, and Warner might be finished, there only remains a 25% chance the Rams will suck at QB. Best case: 25% they have 2 killer QB's. 75% chance they have at least one QB who is productive.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk