Cheeseheads 2004 NFL Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheeseheads 2004 NFL Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheeseheads 2004 NFL Mock Draft

Postby CC » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:29 pm

OK people, might be a little early but I love these mock drafts so I thought I would kick it off.

1. Chargers: Eli Manning (QB) - The first rule of drafting, never pass on a franchise QB.

2. Raiders: Larry Fitzgerald (WR) - Elite wideout, best prospect in years, Raiders might be tempted by Roethlisberger but they wont give up on Gannon just yet.

3. Cardinals: Benny Roethlisberger (QB) - See first rule of drafting

4. Giants: Shawn Andrews (OT) - A mammoth tackle to pair with Petitgout.

5. Redskins: Sean Taylor (S) - Possibly the best player in the draft, a steal at #5, talk of Winslow but too good to pass up

6. Lions: Steven Jackson (RB) - Big, quick runner who has the potential to be a stud

7. Falcons: Tommie Harris (DT) - Falcons run D brutal this year, Harris a great addition to any line.

8. Browns: Robert Gallery (OT) - Right on par with Andrews as best O-lineman in the draft

9. Jaguars: Roy Williams (WR) - Right on par with Johnson and Rogers last year, great target for Leftwich, eventual successor to Jimmy Smith

10. Texans: Kenechi Udeze (DE) - Really helped his cause as best DE in the draft with 3-sack effort vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

11. Steelers: Kevin Jones (RB) - Been one of the best since his high-school days, neck in neck with Jackson as best RB in the draft.

12. Jets: Will Smith (DE) - With the change of Abraham to LB, the Jets will need a replacement and the senior from Ohio St. is an ideal replacement.

13. Bills: Kellen Winslow Jr. (TE) - An absolute crime he slips this far, best TE prospect EVER.

14. Bears: Vince Wilfork (DT) - A tackle to clog up lanes and leave Urlacher to roam free and make plays.

15. Bucs: Vernon Carey (OG-OT) - An absolute beast as a junior, tailed off playing out of position as a senior.

16. 49ers: Reggie Williams (WR) - With TO gone and Tai Streets a FA, this big, fast receiver is the ideal fit for the 49ers.

17. Bengals: Chris Gamble (CB) - A sick corner with potential to be one of the best, shutdown at Ohio St.

18. Saints: Dunta Robinson (CB) - Saints pass D was weak and Robinson has the skills to be great.

19. Vikings: DeAngelo Hall (CB) - One of the fastest players anywhere (4.15 40 time), a little undersized but very effective.

20. Dolphins: Philip Rivers (QB) - Great college player, Marino supposedly enamoured with him, Fiedler obviously not the answer

21. Pats (via Ravens): Chris Perry (RB) - Probably a little high, but the Pats need a RB and he is pretty good.

22. Cowboys: Dwan Edwards (DT) - I've heard good things and with the top RBs off the board, Parcells may opt for a tackle here.

23. Seahawks: Randy Starks (DT) - A great value pick here, and a very good fit for the Seahawks.

24. Broncos: Will Poole (CB) - Lenny Walls and Kelly Herndon are unspectacular, and Poole had a great senior campaign and solidified himself as a 1st round pick

25. Packers: Antwan Odom (DE) - Very good end to make up for bust of Joe Johnson, may also consider QB Losman here.

26. Rams: Ben Troupe (TE) - Underappreciated b/c of Winslow, a definite upgrade over Cleeland and Manumaleuna.

27. Titans: D.J. Williams (LB) - Adds depth to an already solid Titans front 7.

28. Eagles: Michael Clayton (WR) - Gamebreaker who fills the Eagles most glaring void. (See Todd Pinkston and James Thrash)

29. Colts: Johnathan Vilma (LB) - Playmaker, an improvement over Rob Morris, very athletic, if bigger would be a very high pick

30. Chiefs: Derrick Strait (CB) - Underrated and a steal at the point, Chiefs have trouble stopping the run and he is a run-stopping corner a la Antoine Winfield.

31. Panthers: Ahmad Carroll (CB) - Probably a bit high, but this cocky corner has the skills to make in the NFL. The biggest need on the Panthers team.

32. Pats: Karlos Dansby (LB) - Many places have him going here and I am no different, a very good LB who can rush the passer or play defence on a TE. Deserves to be a 1st round pick.

Thanks for reading this whole thing. Hit me up with your feedback.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:08 am

I like it for the most part, come combine things change though. ;-D ;-D good job.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Roseman » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:37 am

It is a good start but we all know early mock drafts dont mean much a lot of thing will change between now and the draft.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:43 am

a little early speculation never hurts ;-D

I don't think the Lions will pick a back as early as the 6th spot...they may try to land Dillon or another veteran back while drafting talent like Tommie Harris or Will Smith (porcher is aging)

I don't think Winslow will slide all the way to 13...if he did, you're right, that would be a HUGE crime :-) If the Redskins don't take him, the Browns, Jaguars, or Texans will.

I see Wilfork being a perfect fit for the 49ers and I agree with the Bengals, Saints, and Vikes all taking corners.

Some good thoughts goin there ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:33 am

If the Pats had that draft I'd be scared of them for years to come.

Dansby IMHO is way underrated, and he could do some damage on that Patriot defense.

I'd like to see Rivers to the Dolphins. Of course my dream would be to trade up with San Diego and get Eli Manning, but of course the fins rarely do anything bold like that, and the trade for Ricky means no more big moves for the next 10 or so years I'm sure :\
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:43 am

At least that Ricky trade worked out pretty good for you guys. A couple of things I heard are that the Jags might look at a DE, the Steelers really want to move up and get Roethlisberger, and the Browns might take Winslow if he was there at their pick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:48 am

Did Andrews move ahead of Gallery as the top OT? Just asking since the last I had heard Gallery was #1.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:33 pm

Your right Gunslinger.... Gallery is the #1 OT. Nice overall job Cheesehead. You hit some of the picks right on the head. Your right about Rivers, after his Senior Bowl preformance his stock is way up there and it would be a great pick for the Fins. I like most of your picks, as a Cowboys fan I hope they pick Greg Jones instead of a DT. Greg is a beast! Plays with a Mack Truck attitude. Lions and Stephan Jackson... that's a little high for him, but if Sean Taylor is off the board it could happen, but would Kevin Jones be better in Mooch's West Coast system?

Good job!
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:45 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:Your right Gunslinger.... Gallery is the #1 OT. Nice overall job Cheesehead. You hit some of the picks right on the head. Your right about Rivers, after his Senior Bowl preformance his stock is way up there and it would be a great pick for the Fins. I like most of your picks, as a Cowboys fan I hope they pick Greg Jones instead of a DT. Greg is a beast! Plays with a Mack Truck attitude. Lions and Stephan Jackson... that's a little high for him, but if Sean Taylor is off the board it could happen, but would Kevin Jones be better in Mooch's West Coast system?

Good job!

I too am a huge fan of Greg Jones...he is a beast, and a lotta fun to watch
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:13 pm

Gallery is the #1 OT, but he is a left tackle and the Giants already have a very good left tackle in Luke Petitgout. Andrews is a right tackle and a very good one at that. Although with a lineman of Gallery's calibre the Giants might be willing to shift the line around a little bit.

On the note of Greg Jones, I was going to send him to Dallas in the first but there is so much talk of Duce or Dillon heading to the Cowboys. I think the only 2 RBs Parcell's would take in the 1st round would be Jackson and Jones and it is unlikely either of them will fall to the Cowboys. However, I have heard the Steelers are interested in taking Greg Jones as a FB in the 2nd and basically running a two back set. He is as close to the Bus as I have seen and would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk