Boiling Point - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boiling Point

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boiling Point

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:03 am

Come Monday Feb. 2nd, most of us will try to answer questions we will find out come june,july and august. Where key FA's will sign, if this guy gets traded here, he should perform etc. How about some of these questions.

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game?
Will we see the same P.Holmes?
Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)??
Once again is Edge really back???
Can Manning go another season avoiding injury??
Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong??
Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)??
Bledsoe???
Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now)
Can Harrison put up some TD's?
Can Shockey put up some TD's
Can Martin put up some TD's
Can Favre avoid the INT's
Have we seen the end of MeShawn??
well there are tons but these are some to get the blood boiling.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Re: Boiling Point

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:49 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Come Monday Feb. 2nd, most of us will try to answer questions we will find out come june,july and august. Where key FA's will sign, if this guy gets traded here, he should perform etc. How about some of these questions.

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game? - I don't see why not
Will we see the same P.Holmes? - Yes we will, he proved everyone wrong this year and has shown ZERO signs of slowing down
Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)?? - I don't know these backs off the top of my head, but guys like Faulk, Eddie George, and Curtis Martin are on their way downhill...even after Faulk's gutsy plafoff performance
Once again is Edge really back??? - no
Can Manning go another season avoiding injury?? - yes
Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong?? - I'm not entirely sure last season wasn't a fluke...the guy put up huge stats, but he was the only talent on that team...it was as if they HAD to pass him the ball...Green may spread it around more if he finds talent
Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)?? - no
Bledsoe??? - he will be better next season, but still mediocre
Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now) - I believe he will start off slow, then start to gain speed come mid-season
Can Harrison put up some TD's? - sure enough
Can Shockey put up some TD's - wow was this guy overrated or what? :-) I think he'll obviously do better next season than this past year...TD's will come
Can Martin put up some TD's - you won't see any from outside the redzone, that's for sure
Can Favre avoid the INT's - no...sadly, he's aging, and will start to lose that snap of the wrist
Have we seen the end of MeShawn?? - No..this jackass will make his return to the NFL on some team...only to slip into the woods of mediocrity all the while complaining about his no good QB and team
Last edited by deftdelivery on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:49 am

answers in the quote
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Boiling Point

Postby CC » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:38 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Come Monday Feb. 2nd, most of us will try to answer questions we will find out come june,july and august. Where key FA's will sign, if this guy gets traded here, he should perform etc. How about some of these questions.

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game? No this might be the year he startes losing some carries to Mo Morris.

Will we see the same P.Holmes? I think you can bank on Priest for about 1800 APY and 20 TDs

Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)?? Marshall Faulk, been sliding for a while now

Once again is Edge really back??? Hell yea, anyone see him run vs. the Pats, best effort I've seen outside of Portis this year.

Can Manning go another season avoiding injury?? Yes, they have a great pass-blocking line and Manning knows when to get rid of the ball.

Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong?? No, he'll put up about 1000 and 7, a couple of steps down from this year.

Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)?? Kind of

Bledsoe??? Depends who they take in the draft, he gets hit an awful lot

Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now) Yes it is, Shipp will be a nice back next year. Goodbye Emmitt.

Can Harrison put up some TD's? He put up 10 this year fighting injury, you can't really complain about that.

Can Shockey put up some TD's? Yea, I think he'll be good for 7 or 8 barring injury.

Can Martin put up some TD's? No, Jordan could get the lion's share of the carries everywhere on the field this year, not just the goalline.

Can Favre avoid the INT's? I think he won't have the chance to throw many they'll be running the ball so much.

Have we seen the end of MeShawn?? You might've seen the last of him, but you definetly haven't heard the last of him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:52 am

nice,,keep it comin' fellas
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:03 pm

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game? - Yes
Will we see the same P.Holmes? - Yes (or close enough to draft him #1)
Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)?? - Have any (other than Holmes) not already started to show their age?
Once again is Edge really back??? - No, he's a top-10 back, not top-2 like he was.
Can Manning go another season avoiding injury?? - Yes
Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong?? - Yes
Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)?? Gannon will start in TB and put up top-10 #'s
Bledsoe??? - No
Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now) - No
Can Harrison put up some TD's? - Yes, will go double-digits again
Can Shockey put up some TD's - 5ish
Can Martin put up some TD's - 5 or less
Can Favre avoid the INT's - No
Have we seen the end of MeShawn?? No, I think he'll go to a team that knows how to use him. Worthy of a #2 starting fantasy WR again.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:17 pm

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game? - Yeah, but he still will have a low ypc.
Will we see the same P.Holmes? - I don't see why not. He's #1 in a redraft.
Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)?? - This year is the end for Martin and George.
Once again is Edge really back??? - Depends on what you mean by back. He will be a top tier fantasy back... but not top 3.
Can Manning go another season avoiding injury?? - Yep
Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong?? - Yes... but I don't see his numbers improving much in AZ.
Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)?? They will have jobs, but won't be fantasy starters.
Bledsoe??? - He will atleast come back to respectability.
Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now) - Yes, I think so.
Can Harrison put up some TD's? - 12+
Can Shockey put up some TD's - 5 or so.
Can Martin put up some TD's - No, Lamont will take over this year.
Can Favre avoid the INT's - No
Have we seen the end of MeShawn?? God, I hope so, but he'll probably latch on somewhere and be a decent #3 fantasy wr.

This is a good thread, keep it goin. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:03 pm

Can Shaun Alexander keep up his average of a TD per game?No too good of an offense, Krob will steal some TD's
Will we see the same P.Holmes? Yes for a few more years
Speaking of Holmes which 31 year old back will start to show his age (there are quite a few)?? Marshall Faulk
Once again is Edge really back??? Not to his 2001 form
Can Manning go another season avoiding injury?? Yes
Will Boldin prove the S.S. wrong?? Yes
Will we see vets like Gannon and Brunell return to glory (or even kind of)?? No there all washed up
Bledsoe??? see above
Is THIS Marcel Shipps year?? (under D.Green now) Yes, i expect a great year
Can Harrison put up some TD's?Yes
Can Shockey put up some TD's Yes
Can Martin put up some TD's Yes
Can Favre avoid the INT's No
Have we seen the end of MeShawn?? No
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:17 pm

I agree with most of C Sea's comments. But here are a few more.

S. Alexander - He may get the scores but I question this guys heart. He seems to only push it when he is near the goalline. The rest of the time I get the impression he is mailing it in.

P. Holmes - I think his yardage will still be among the top of the list, but I can't expect anyone to put up the monster TD #'s he did each and every year.

C. Garner - another RB who will be 32 I think next season on a bad team.

A. Boldin - Better then everyone gave him credit for. Not as good as his #'s this year. He'll cool off next year but not too much. Everyone does in AZ. Still worth a #2 on most teams.

B. Favre - Has a few miracles left in him, but is definitely not at the top of his game.

MeShawn - This guy will land somewhere and I think have a good year. I hate to say this, but the guy does have some talent. Personality of a spoiled rotten 4 year old, but talent.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:54 pm

The Sandwich wrote:S. Alexander - He may get the scores but I question this guys heart. He seems to only push it when he is near the goalline. The rest of the time I get the impression he is mailing it in.

ive been saying this for a while. he hits the hole WAY to tentively unless as u said hes near the goaline or has tons of room. he could be a great back if he'd just put his head down and stop dancing around on the line of scrimage.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk