PS2 online adapter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

PS2 online adapter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:10 am

Canacuna wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Hes an 88

Alright thanks man. He is way over-rated. After the terrible year he had I can't believe that he is so good. The Bills are looking better and better. Is Henry very slow?

Also, could somebody please tell me how many MBs it takes for a franchise and a profile?


Yes, Bledsoe is entirely over-rated. No, Henry is pretty shifty. Yes, exactly 3.492902 MB, registering at a download rate of 18,983 pixels a minute. Because I know these things. B-)

Thanks, and so a 8MB card should be good?


Is 8MB the standard Sony-made memory card? If so, I have plenty of room left after my Madden franchise save.

Yea, the 8MB is the smallest one available and it is the Sony one. I think I will get that one.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:41 am

zimm, if you want a speedy back, a decent QB, decent Wr and a decent D, I would go with the Packers or Broncos. Both have good RBs, and QBs that can delvier the ball. The problem with the eagles is that the backs are slower. The guys are right though, turnovers are big in the game. If you get down, you tend to get even more down if you continue to make turnovers.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 4269
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 9 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:18 pm

chaindog35 wrote:zimm, if you want a speedy back, a decent QB, decent Wr and a decent D, I would go with the Packers or Broncos. Both have good RBs, and QBs that can delvier the ball. The problem with the eagles is that the backs are slower. The guys are right though, turnovers are big in the game. If you get down, you tend to get even more down if you continue to make turnovers.

I don't care how good the Packers are, I can not bring myself to being them. I realize the Broncos are good but their D is an 80. I know you said that turnovers are the key but can they force TOs or ever stop anybody? Is there D actually not as bad as it is rated? Right now I am thinking the Bills because they have a very good QB, a good back, a good WR (assuming Moulds isn't too bad), and a very good D. Am I misinterpreting what you guys are saying? I assume you are saying that offense is more important than D as long as you make TOs, not D doesn't matter you just need not to commit any TOs.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:44 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
chaindog35 wrote:zimm, if you want a speedy back, a decent QB, decent Wr and a decent D, I would go with the Packers or Broncos. Both have good RBs, and QBs that can delvier the ball. The problem with the eagles is that the backs are slower. The guys are right though, turnovers are big in the game. If you get down, you tend to get even more down if you continue to make turnovers.

I don't care how good the Packers are, I can not bring myself to being them. I realize the Broncos are good but their D is an 80. I know you said that turnovers are the key but can they force TOs or ever stop anybody? Is there D actually not as bad as it is rated? Right now I am thinking the Bills because they have a very good QB, a good back, a good WR (assuming Moulds isn't too bad), and a very good D. Am I misinterpreting what you guys are saying? I assume you are saying that offense is more important than D as long as you make TOs, not D doesn't matter you just need not to commit any TOs.


forcing TO's has little to do with the teams, actually. Mostly, it's picking the right play on defense, or making a dumb decision on offense. Where your team's players' abilities come in handy are when you're using man-to-man schemes, and are trying to stop the run.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums


[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3494
Joined: 25 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: CURRENT FAV MOVIE: Boondock Saints

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:33 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
chaindog35 wrote:zimm, if you want a speedy back, a decent QB, decent Wr and a decent D, I would go with the Packers or Broncos. Both have good RBs, and QBs that can delvier the ball. The problem with the eagles is that the backs are slower. The guys are right though, turnovers are big in the game. If you get down, you tend to get even more down if you continue to make turnovers.

I don't care how good the Packers are, I can not bring myself to being them. I realize the Broncos are good but their D is an 80. I know you said that turnovers are the key but can they force TOs or ever stop anybody? Is there D actually not as bad as it is rated? Right now I am thinking the Bills because they have a very good QB, a good back, a good WR (assuming Moulds isn't too bad), and a very good D. Am I misinterpreting what you guys are saying? I assume you are saying that offense is more important than D as long as you make TOs, not D doesn't matter you just need not to commit any TOs.


forcing TO's has little to do with the teams, actually. Mostly, it's picking the right play on defense, or making a dumb decision on offense. Where your team's players' abilities come in handy are when you're using man-to-man schemes, and are trying to stop the run.

In that case maybe I should just be the Broncos since it probably doesn't matter how good my D is, I always seem to pick the wrong play...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:49 am

Alright guys, I got my PS2 today and I have it on right now. I don't have the network adapter yet but I will be getting used to the controls. I don't have the updates either obviously but I will see if I can learn the controls. I am pumped.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:38 pm

I need a lot of practice...I got killed by the Raiders 35-10 and it was only the third quarter...on Pro.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:55 pm

:-o
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4031
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: it's always march madness

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:57 pm

ouch...Zimm, to get better, I reccommend going into practice mode, and working with playbooks...getting the feel for which plays you like best, and perfecting them. You will move the ball a lot faster downfield if you know plays you want to run, and know how to run them immediately.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums


[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3494
Joined: 25 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: CURRENT FAV MOVIE: Boondock Saints

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:25 pm

deftdelivery wrote:ouch...Zimm, to get better, I reccommend going into practice mode, and working with playbooks...getting the feel for which plays you like best, and perfecting them. You will move the ball a lot faster downfield if you know plays you want to run, and know how to run them immediately.

Yea, that is what I am doing now. I did the mini camp and got a little better. Right now my main problem is the controller. The main four butons are the same and the control stick works more or less the saime but I am having troulble with all the triggger buttons. In GC you use the L and R buttons to juke right or left and you use the Z button to stiff arm, whichever side you don't have the ball in. In PS2 you use the L1 and R1 to juse and the L2 and R2 to stiff-arm. My main problem is that in GC the Z button is on top of the R button, on PS2 the 2nd set is under the 1s, so I keep pressing one of the 2 buttons when I want to juke and R1 when I want to stiff-arm. I am getting better though. The only other issue I have is that in GC to pull the ball down as the QB to run with it you press Y, which would be triangle on PS2, but when I hit that it throws the ball away instead. I am getting a hang of it though.

I think I am going to be the Broncos. I like their playbook better and Portis is really good. I know Rod Smith is a 90 before the updates, what is he after them?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:24 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact