Rice - 1 more go'round. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rice - 1 more go'round.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:59 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:great ending to a great career. He held on too long but dont most athletes?

Funny, but I don't think he held on too long. 2004 seems just right.

I agree, even on a down season this year he still managed almost 900 yards.....that was with the meltdown that was Oakland, I'm betting he goes over 1000 next season.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:05 pm

Looks like Larry Fitzgerald would be a perfect fit in Oaktown. Spend a year behind the greatest of all time, and then try to fill in his shoes.

Heck nobody could fill in those shoes.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:15 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:great ending to a great career. He held on too long but dont most athletes?

I agree, even on a down season this year he still managed almost 900 yards.....that was with the meltdown that was Oakland, I'm betting he goes over 1000 next season.

i dont think he held on too long either. if u still got it why not keep playing? you da man jerry. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:29 pm

i agree I think he should keep playing. He isnt at all what he used to be but he is still a better than average reciever, a great #2 or a capable #1.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:04 am

I don't like athletes playing into their twilight years, but whatever. The thing I don't like more is them coming out and telling us they are retirering 'this is my last year'. Shut up and tell me you're done when you're done. Do they have to have a year long kiss-my-a** fest? Maybe I'm worn down by Michael Jordan's 12 retirement tours.
That said, I would like to see Rice go back to the 9ers for his last season, put up his average numbers and make the probowl. They could replace Too Outspoken with Too Old.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby zombiez » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:36 am

terpfan wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

i dont think he held on too long either. if u still got it why not keep playing? you da man jerry. ;-D
........agreed, the man deserves to be applauded at every stadium this year, a liveing legend, will hate to see him go.....have a well deserved retirement Jerry..... ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Poobah » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:36 am

I can see the "too long" thing. Not just because of his performance level, but also the team's performance. Go out after his very good 2002 season, when the Raiders made the Super Bowl, or suffer through a 4-12 debacle in 2003 and a rebuilding process in 2004? The great ones hate losing so much, you know, and Jerry Rice is the greatest.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk