Eagles Going After McCareins? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles Going After McCareins?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:13 pm

I would much rather see McCareins in Philly than T.O., however I don't think McCareins alone is enough.

If they got another decent WR, or drafted a WR in addition to him, I think it'd be a much better answer than "the answer."
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:19 pm

We all know you don't need a TO to win a championship. <<thats period.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:39 pm

Shatner8 wrote:If they were to get McCariens they most likely wouldnt get Owens also, but then where would Owens go

I'll tell TO where to go. What a waste of talent.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:We all know you don't need a TO to win a championship. <<thats period.

do u need to not have him to win a championship? :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:13 pm

TO is a great receiver and despite all of his problems I would gladly take him.
An ideal situation for the Eagles would be to sign McCareins AND Darrell Jackson, giving them a nice one-two punch for the future.
With the D-line troubles in Philly, I have heard they are interested in Jevon Kearse this off-season, who would make it easier for defensive tackles Darwin Walker and Corey Simon to play the run more effectively. The two tackles led the Eagles in sacks this year, and to use them as run-stoppers would help improve the Eagles run D which of course was not their forte this season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:27 pm

philly isnt strong enough on either side of the ball for it to carry the team, they need to either focus on offence or defence and make it somethign special IMO. a player like TO would do that for you.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:30 am

if philyl got kearse, they would be killer on d. The eagles were still pretty much in the top tier of the elague in terms of poitns allowed as it is. They had some woes this year, but they were also decimated by injuries. you forget they were also a top 10 rushing team as well. I think they should get jackson and mccareins.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:41 am

Darrell Jackson is a UFA and would cost the Eagles nothing in the form of a draftpick to get him. McCareines is a RFA and carries a 4th round compensation for the Titans. So the big question is the 4th round pick worth giving up for McCareines? Tough decision for the Eagles.
I don't forsee Kearse going to Phili. IMO. Why should they solve their D-Line injuries problems by getting a high priced FA injury prone Kearse? They seem to have a more conservative history than that. We will see.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:24 pm

Finally, some sanity in the NFL. First, Meshawn gets benched, and now the mouth of the west is getting turned down by teams afraid of his attitude.

I heard rumors earlier in the year that the Jets were looking at him.

If he goes to the Jets or Washington, it improves Pennington and Ramsey's #'s.

There are a lot of teams that could use him. I think Mccarins is a beter fit in Philly.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:24 pm

I live in Nashville, and first heard about this during today's drive home sports talk radio show.
According to these Nashville "insiders", McCariens is gone whether to Philly or elsewhere, though, reportedly, the Eagles are crazy insane about him.
He's seen as a WR with a HUGE upside all around the league, based on his TD total and, I believe, nearly 800 yards in limited action. And teams will pay for that.
The Titans are in real cap trouble right now.
And have 4 good WRs on the roster.
According to these guys - it's either keep Kearse or McCariens.
And Kearse stays simply because that position is so hard to fill.
The Titans, also reportedly, want to redo Eddie George's deal as he alone will count $7M towards the cap problem.
The thinking is to get Eddie to "do a deal" to help the team win a Super Bowl before he retires.

The latest from Nashville radio,
~Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk