TO just kidding... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO just kidding...

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO just kidding...

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:45 pm

sacbee.com

SANTA CLARA – Terrell Owens was just having fun with his Web-site audience when he bashed Jeff Garcia and said he would leave San Francisco if Garcia remains the 49ers' starting quarterback, according to a press release reportedly written by the wide receiver and sent out Tuesday by his agent, David Joseph.
Last week, Owens’ Internet site – http://www.terrellowens.com – made news when the wide receiver threw his support behind 49ers backup quarterback Tim Rattay while slamming Garcia. Owens also poked fun at Garcia's recent drunken-driving arrest, saying if the quarterback attended Owens’ Super Bowl party, he would need to arrange a limousine to get Garcia home safely.

Now Owens says those remarks were taken out of context and didn't reflect the "lighthearted" and "off the cuff" tenor of his Internet chats.

"(Garcia) is undoubtedly one of the toughest and most courageous competitors with whom I have ever played," Owens wrote in his statement. "If we end up playing for different teams in the future, I will always have a lot of respect for Jeff and the things he did for me during my career with the 49ers."

If he doesn't sign a new contract with the 49ers in the next several weeks, Owens can hit the free-agent market. He has said the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles are teams he would consider. Joseph couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:03 pm

hes lying now? i think he realized how much it affected his value :-t :-t :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:07 pm

what an ass
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:15 pm

This sounds like a kid that's been scolded for making fun of somebody...
"But we was just jokin around...honest" :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:25 pm

hahaha if you want to open your mouth and continuely be an ass then atleast stand by it and dont back down. if he is too pansy assed to take teh abuse now then he should just keep his mouth shut.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:04 pm

thats awful. if you ake that kind of a bold statement you gotta stick by it
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby terpfan » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:58 pm

haha i saw this on his website today... i figured i had to see what all the fuss was about. he should just stop talking, its only gonna get worse.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 49ers Forever » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:49 am

i love it. he wants to play for a better quarterback, so one of his three best options is baltimore? Now, the ravens have a great team, but it is primarily due to its defense, oh, and jamal lewis. But, for Owens to put so much faith in Wright; well, it makes me smile.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:32 am

Lots of hate for TO.

If I was a Falcon, Raven, or Eagle fan, I'd be a little psyched.

If he goes, I hope it is to the Falcons. I think SF makes a mistake if they let him go. I say alot of things to my friends and even others simply for shock value or to see their response.

I'm not going to judge whether TO's comments were serious, as a joke, or to entertain. TO is different, he's a bit of a headcase apparently, but big deal... he said something some people didn't like. It may be the reality of the cap situation that only one can stay. TO may have felt that when he does wrong (even if it's a simple action as signing a ball) he gets grilled, Garcia gets pulled over stinking drunk and the media reports it and moves on. Garcia is a local kid the people around here love. Garcia's DWI will be forgotten quickly by the media and TO's actions will linger throughout his career. TO's every move is criticized and brought up time and time again. TO isn't allowed to move on. Garcia can.

Fans that claim 'I don't want him on my team' when they are stuck with Todd Pinkston as their best WR are idiots (no offense to anyone in particular). If the guy can play and hasn't killed, raped, or robbed someone I want him on my team if he is a big upgrade. Even with his drops last year, TO will be a top 4-5 WR fantasy pick, with a legit possibility of finishing #1 among fantasy or NFL WR's.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:55 am

It always surprizes me to see a 30-year-old who regularly clamors for media attention now claims that things were taken out of context once there is a negative reaction. Hey dumba** that internet thingy...people read it and hold you accountable.
I also never tire of hearing a public figure make a jerk of themself and send their representative out to explain the misunderstanding. I am a little disappointed thought, that he didn't just say the Meshawn was over and typed that stuff. "Not me-Meshawn"!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk