CKY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

CKY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:53 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Just wanna try something real quick.............

CKY SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know thats a joke, if you were serious tho i wold get quite angy and give a land winded responce on thier amaing music

Man...could someone be a tad obsessed?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:53 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
CKY_ROX wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Just wanna try something real quick.............

CKY SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know thats a joke, if you were serious tho i wold get quite angy and give a land winded responce on thier amaing music

Man...could someone be a tad obsessed?

yes, yes i could
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:57 pm

maybe im jsut bitter casue all my fav bands eventually have signed with major labels. i was always a huge Offspring fan since their 1989 debut without a label and it hurt when they went major after Smash and then AFI, that was a major blow as well, seeing them on MTV, liek WTF? it leaves me to believe that any band is willing to give up their punk beliefs for some extra money.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:00 pm

i do acnowlage that a lot of bands sell out and it is very frustrating when a band goes pop and bassacly BAD. that is why im happy with the band and where there heading.
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby TTTBone » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:07 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:maybe im jsut bitter casue all my fav bands eventually have signed with major labels. i was always a huge Offspring fan since their 1989 debut without a label and it hurt when they went major after Smash and then AFI, that was a major blow as well, seeing them on MTV, liek WTF? it leaves me to believe that any band is willing to give up their punk beliefs for some extra money.

Are you listening to Bad Religion and Fugazi. Fugazi and BR have been putting out some of the greatest music for the past 20 years or so, and both still completely refuse to charge any more than $10 per show. Both, old school bands (i.e. rocking when you were in gradeschool), but absolutely the best two live punk shows around.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:13 pm

Fugazi are awesome but im a bigger BR fan, they come to winnipeg every now and again and its always cheep. great band, great music, great show. love Bad Religion. other bands i like a lot right now: the vandals, pennywise, drop kick murphys, face to face is always good. but its funny yo umentioned Bad Religion as they are one of my 3 or 4 fav bands.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:37 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:Fugazi are awesome but im a bigger BR fan, they come to winnipeg every now and again and its always cheep. great band, great music, great show. love Bad Religion. other bands i like a lot right now: the vandals, pennywise, drop kick murphys, face to face is always good. but its funny yo umentioned Bad Religion as they are one of my 3 or 4 fav bands.

Are you kidding, these guys are awesome. Originaly saw them about 1982 along with TSOL and the Chili Peppers (chili peppers were the opening band). Gotta say, they blew away both TSOL and the Peppers, who both were also great. Fabulous show.
Note: Lead singer Greg Gaffin now also works as a professor of paleoanthropology. His students have no idea.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:00 am

CKY, gonna download and give it a listen. You got me interested.
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:21 am

Oh man, the Clash ! I still havent found a better band.

Too drunk to **** was a HUGE hit on the punk scene in England when I was a teenager. :,-(

Anarchy rocks the UK ;-D

Man those were awesome times for me, I sure hope kids today get to feel the same kind of passion for their music as I did back then.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:54 am

Man, Good Charlote OWNZ CKY!!!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk