CKY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

CKY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:25 am

TTTBone wrote:Are you listening to Bad Religion and Fugazi. Fugazi and BR have been putting out some of the greatest music for the past 20 years or so, and both still completely refuse to charge any more than $10 per show.

Can't beat the price of Fugazi's annual free concert at Fort Reno. ;-D

KingGhidra wrote:Man, Good Charlote OWNZ CKY!!!

I'll always connect this band with a weird experience a couple years back. I was at a hockey game with a friend (a former hardcore punk herself, come to think of it), and from the line to buy tickets to the seats themselves, we saw nothing but fourteen-year-old girls, and for the life of us couldn't figure out why. Not that there's anything wrong with 14-year-old girls, of course, but it's always a bit strange when you expect one thing (the usual beer-drinking cheap seats crowd screaming for a fight, or barring that, a goal) and wind up encountering something completely different. It felt a bit Twilight Zone-ish for a period; we finally figured it out when Good Charlotte came out to play during intermission...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:32 pm

This has turned into a fun thread....I dig a lot of the "real" punk from back in the day....Love some of the old D.C. punk like Minor Threat... I've always loved Fugazi ;-D The Clash ;-D New York Dolls ;-D MC5 ;-D BlackFlag ;-D ......The Stooges rock..... B-) and lets not forget to pay homage to some of the very early influences: THE KINKS B-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:17 pm

haha thats a good joke, good charlotte is one of the more processed bands of ALL TIME.
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:35 pm

DUKE wrote: ... and lets not forget to pay homage to some of the very early influences: THE KINKS B-)

;-D ...and The Who, Television, and The Ramones!
now the corner of 2nd and Bowery, NYC
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby DUKE » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:50 pm

TTTBone wrote:
DUKE wrote: ... and lets not forget to pay homage to some of the very early influences: THE KINKS B-)

;-D ...and The Who, Television, and The Ramones!
now the corner of 2nd and Bowery, NYC

absolutely B-) My sister actually recently got me a copy of Marquee Moon for my birthday....... Quadrophenia=brilliant.........Ramones=short songs=great fun. Good additions.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:17 pm

DUKE wrote: My sister actually recently got me a copy of Marquee Moon for my birthday....... Quadrophenia=brilliant.........Ramones=short songs=great fun. Good additions.

Nice to have cool sisters. Marquee Moon is brilliant and stunningly original.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:27 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:

haha thats a good joke, good charlotte is one of the more processed bands of ALL TIME.

No, I think Ghidra was being totally serious.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:28 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
CKY_ROX wrote:

No, I think Ghidra was being totally serious.

if he is then he really needs to lear about music
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:34 pm

lets give props to barenaked ladies...and more importantly MB20...though those are more just plain rock...as for punk good charlotte and simple plan are great....but props to cky...i booked a concert in my back yard with them last month for a buck...little expensive but it it was enjoyable, nine iron frenzy was better though...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:43 pm

NittanyLions wrote:lets give props to barenaked ladies...and more importantly MB20...

Damn Strait! Right up there with Hootie, A-Ha, Deep Blue Something, and Spin Doctors. ;-D :~(
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk