CBSSportsline - 2004 Cheet Sheet - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBSSportsline - 2004 Cheet Sheet

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:37 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Boldin is too high, S. Moss is too low IMO

R.Smith is too high as is S.Smith

Yeah, I agree with that. That's not a very high-quality cheat sheet at all. And look how high they ranked rookies like Steven Jackson.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:33 am

I think the Stephan Jackson and all of the rookie rankings is just based on potential. Jackson could be the best back in the draft. Say, if he goes to the Steelers he would be a hot item next year. But of course no ones knows where he will go until late April. Michael "Burner" Turner could be the best back, but who knows. I would think that they did not know if Fitz was coming out when that list was made. He will be a big time sleeper.

I guess every year Vick will be on top, hopefully one of these years he will live up to all of this hype.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:39 am

ditto on everyones comments, this is a horrid cheatsheet.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Interesting. I don't think it is terrible, but I certainly don't agree with a bunch of rankings.

How the hell do you rank rookies who haven't even been drafted yet?

Does anyone know of a cheat sheet that is in the form of a spreadsheet so that you can make your own changes and save it?
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:05 pm

The Sandwich wrote:Interesting. I don't think it is terrible, but I certainly don't agree with a bunch of rankings.

How the hell do you rank rookies who haven't even been drafted yet?

Does anyone know of a cheat sheet that is in the form of a spreadsheet so that you can make your own changes and save it?

Agreed, it's alway's easier to rip on someone else's work. This is just one guys best guess. I'll give him point for bravery for ranking this far in advance, hard to rank players when you don't even know for certain what team they will be playing for. I'm not even going to attempt to rank until some of this falls out.....

You could just cut & paste into excel, don't really need it in spreadsheet format......might need some manipulation, try the "Text to Columns" function if you've never used it.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:18 pm

How come Clark and Pollard can't get more fantasy pts than Jolley or Witten despite splitting catches with 4 other weapons? Last time I checked the Colts O was good enough for that, not to mention didn't they just do it this year? And in limited action?

Like they said above, it's easy to knock everyone elses work, he made these rankings VERY VERY early, why not take Steven Jackson over a bunch of guys in RBBC's and a couple aging veterans who aren't even sure theyr'e going to play next year?

If ranking players for 6 months from now were just a matter of looking at last years stats and writing them down in that order then we wouldn't really need these, would we?

Whose to say that the Bengals don't give Carson Palmer a shot, and Dennis Green ignites the Cards offense, making Boldin a much better pick than Chad Johnson?

What's wrong with Bulger and Warner being 14 and 17? If either were assured the starting job, they'd be top 10, but the risk invovled with them not starting knocks them down some.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Cheetsheet,

Postby nebbie2004 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:43 pm

It is just gay, I dont like it at all! Find a better one to use!
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby fantasizing » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:04 pm

How can they put Vick at number 1 ???????
I mean the guy hasn't proven himself yet. He hasn't done jack yet. Yeah, he's got alot of potential, but so did Kordell Stewart, and look what a piece of fantasy garbage he turned out to be.
I'm not sold on Vick just yet. Until he gets 4000 yards passing, 25 passing TD's and 10 rushing TDs, I won't even consider drafting him period.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:31 pm

fantasizing wrote:How can they put Vick at number 1 ???????
I mean the guy hasn't proven himself yet. He hasn't done jack yet. Yeah, he's got alot of potential, but so did Kordell Stewart, and look what a piece of fantasy garbage he turned out to be.
I'm not sold on Vick just yet. Until he gets 4000 yards passing, 25 passing TD's and 10 rushing TDs, I won't even consider drafting him period.

He rushed for 585 yards in 5 games played this year. People drafting Vick are banking on him rushing for 1000 yards and passing for oh say... 2800 yards. Just on those predictions with no TDs, that would have placed 8th for 2003. Throw in 15 TDs and 15 INTs that places him in 3rd overall. Oh yeah, we didn't factor in rushing TDs yet. Does 4 sound nice and conservative? That makes him 1st overall kiddies. Basically Vicks season hinges on the rushing yards. 2800-15-15 (passing)is lowballing and is pretty conservative if you ask me. I know we don't think of him in the category of Manning and McNair as far as the NFL goes, but this is fantasy and he's a fantasy beast.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:01 pm

NO, he passed for 585 yards in 5 games - average of 117 yards per game = GARBAGE.

He rushed for 255 yards in 5 games - average of 51 yards per game = GARBAGE.

A total of 5 TDs (4 passing and 1 rushing) in 5 games = LESS GARBAGE.

Like I said, not sold on his guy just yet. Yeah, he's young and has potential, but I'd rather wait and see what he's really capable of.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk