Howie Long tough guy award - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Howie Long tough guy award

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
terpfan wrote:the award isnt for the best player. its for who was the toughest in 2003. HAS TO BE patrick ramsey! vote for him!

Terpfan ... give me a reason to vote for Ramsey and I will. I mean I realize that he probably got the crap beat out of him but was he hurt too? Is he a tough blocker? If the guy played tough then he deserves a vote over Ray Ray ... tough QB's are cool.

He blocked a hell of a lot this season. Unfortunately he still had the ball and the NFL records that as a sack.

He played the entire year with a fracture or something in his foot. I'd say he's up there as far as tough guys go.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:13 am

i thought it was Coles that played with the fracture, or did they both? anyways Ramsey still gets my vote.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:56 am

ramsey took a beating ALL season and finally came out when he was forced to. Spurriers "blocking system" (the term blocking is used VERY, VERY loosely) was pathetic. The kid got beat up every game and still came back for more.

Now if the award was for bad M&^%$#****** then well, duh, ray ray gets it. The dude scares the crap out of me and i dont even play against him.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:55 am

Purple_Pride wrote:i thought it was Coles that played with the fracture, or did they both? anyways Ramsey still gets my vote.

Strangely enough, both of them. Coles had a stress fracture, Ramsey reaggravated an old fracture in training camp and had surgery to remove extra bone from his foot.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Roseman » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:00 pm

I would have to vote for Ramsey too. That guy is tough as nails he got the crap kicked out of him this season and just keep getting back up!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby terpfan » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:27 pm

ugh... ramsey goit scred! the vote changed from ramsey ebing up 58% to 42% from him being DOWN 47% to 53% in all of one minute. fox just couldnt let ramsey beat out a player like ray even tho he deserved it way more. i dont know what they did but its definately very fishy. screw FOX :-t
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:46 pm

fox should stick to manipulating polititcal issues :-t
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk