Halftime Show - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Halftime Show

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BESMIRCHED » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:55 pm

yah...no big deal..just breast

Statement by NFL Executive Vice President Joe Browne regarding the Super Bowl halftime show:

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

totally planned...i see no reason JT accidentally ripped it off

haha...you gotta love MTV always on the edge...
MTV just cant be trusted...
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:03 pm

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

Wow.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:30 pm

damn i gotta FIND THIS PIC
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:34 pm

HAHA I DOWNLOADED THE VIDEO ALREADY!!! DAAAAMN AND ITS A NIPPLE THERE ARENT SPRINKLES ON IT!!!!!!!!! NO BIKINI!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! AND NO IT WASNT PLANNED!!!!!!!!! Dont you guys listen to the song. The final words were By JT, "I'm gonna have u naked by the end of this song." and TADOW!!!!!!!!! i think JT was maybe mad since supposedly they were together for awhile and after Janet got some she dumped em. LOL!!!!!!

link that says it was NOT planned
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:46 pm

im sorry...but you could tell it was totally rehearsed. Even all the deflection and denial by MTV et all is BS.

That crap just doesn't happen accidentally.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:48 pm

it did look quite rehursed, common he ripped it off, its not like a thread of hois jacket cause ther boobler he blatently grabbed it
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BESMIRCHED » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:49 pm

DiRtY BuCs wrote:HAHA I DOWNLOADED THE VIDEO ALREADY!!! DAAAAMN AND ITS A NIPPLE THERE ARENT SPRINKLES ON IT!!!!!!!!! NO BIKINI!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! AND NO IT WASNT PLANNED!!!!!!!!! Dont you guys listen to the song. The final words were By JT, "I'm gonna have u naked by the end of this song." and TADOW!!!!!!!!! i think JT was maybe mad since supposedly they were together for awhile and after Janet got some she dumped em. LOL!!!!!!

link that says it was NOT planned
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

dont get these kids on here all excited...

Top CBS executives approved a musical skit where Janet Jackson would expose her breast during the MTV-produced Super Bowl half-time concert, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"The decision to go forward went to the very top of the network," a well-placed source explained from New York.

The groundbreaking scene came during the most-watched television broadcast of the year -- and during the dinner hour for the nation's west coast viewers.

Officially, CBS drew distance from the show: "CBS deeply regrets the incident that occurred during the Super Bowl halftime show," the network said in a release. "We attended all rehearsals throughout the week and there was no indication that any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

In a press release before Sunday's game, CBS's sister outlet [VIACOM's] MTV promised "Janet's Shocking Moments."

"I'll get you naked by the end of this song," sang performer Justin Timberlake, moments before he ripped off Jackson's top, exposing a bare breast -- the nipple covered by a tassel.

CBS's main New York switchboard was immediately bombarded with complaints about the stunt, network sources said late Sunday.

The NFL claimed outrage over the stunt:

Statement by NFL Executive Vice President Joe Browne regarding the Super Bowl halftime show: "We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

no way it was accidental...just tell me what JT was doing reaching over...

no more superbowl on CBS?

i guess they wanted the lingerie bowl crowd to turn to their halftime show?...but @ least tell them in advance...
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:06 am

awwchrist wrote:im sorry...but you could tell it was totally rehearsed. Even all the deflection and denial by MTV et all is BS.

That crap just doesn't happen accidentally.

did u not see the look on Janet's face? dude trust me it wasnt rehearsed... go download the video or sumthin and watch
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BESMIRCHED » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:19 am

Top CBS executives approved a musical skit where Janet Jackson would expose her breast during the MTV-produced Super Bowl half-time concert, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned

it was rehearsed...the look on her face was an act...

how can JTs hand reach over and accidentally make a PULLING motion...?...
oh janet just happens to have a tassel over her breast...
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:21 am

BESMIRCHED wrote:how can JTs hand reach over and accidentally make a PULLING motion...?

Is he on the outs with Cameron, maybe?

...A little needy, perhaps?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk