the more I think about it I think he was paid off....... :-°
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:49 am

Zombiez wrote:the more I think about it I think he was paid off....... :-°

:-? ah someone finally said it, even though I think more people were thinking this and just didn't want to say it

the thought crossed my mind more times than I really wanted it to. It wasn't a lock that it would win the game for them but kept it a kosher enopugh play to give them a legitimate shot at winning the game. Maybe my Jersey shady side is coming through.

Either way it was a hell of a game and a truly sh!++/ ending :-t That play basically ruined the game for me.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:56 am

kashikis wrote:
Zombiez wrote:the more I think about it I think he was paid off....... :-°

:-? ah someone finally said it, even though I think more people were thinking this and just didn't want to say it

the thought crossed my mind more times than I really wanted it to. It wasn't a lock that it would win the game for them but kept it a kosher enopugh play to give them a legitimate shot at winning the game. Maybe my Jersey shady side is coming through.

Either way it was a hell of a game and a truly sh!++/ ending :-t That play basically ruined the game for me.

finally someone said that.......great game hell yeah...one of the better SB's hell yeah...one of if not the most brutal,,terrible,, garbage,afdkdkldjf plays at the end :-t ,,,yep.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby kashikis » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Thanks for the backup there C-Hawk

but seriously guys I wanted the Panthers to win but I would have liked it more if the Pats at least ran the kick back to the 40 then scored, not some BS kick that came out of nowhere. that would have been great football with the huge drive to win the game. moving 30 yards in a minute with 2 timeouts isn't nearly exciting, although they still they got it done and i give them credit.

maybe they should look into that rule a bit further. I'd hate seeing any team (even the cowgirls) lose a game, nevermind the damn Superbowl, because of some crap like that after fighting their way back into the game like Carolina did.

kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:49 pm

what about how Delhomme called a timeout with over a minute left to play? Dont you think that gave the pats quite a few extra seconds to get down the field? All in all its never just one play that decides the game. It might be one play that decides a touchdown or a field goal, but unless the score wsa 7-0 or 3-0 in that sense, you can't blame the game on one play, or one fouled kick. What if Adam had split the uprights on the first field goal? What if the panthers had been kicking PAT's instead of going for 2? You can make whatever point to say that his kick out of bounds ruined the game for the panthers, but i just dont agree. and thats just my opinion for whatever its worth
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kashikis » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:53 pm

I'm not saying the game was ruined for the panthers by the kick proKrastinate, I'm saying it ruined it for me.

It was their own stupid fault for kicking it that way, and we could all question choices earlier in the game as well. But when it all comes down to it I hated the ending, that's all I'm sayin. I'm not a Panthers fan, even if it would have happened and they won I'd still be pissed.

kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:39 pm

kashikis wrote:maybe they should look into that rule a bit further. I'd hate seeing any team (even the cowgirls) lose a game, nevermind the damn Superbowl, because of some crap like that after fighting their way back into the game like Carolina did.

I might not go that far ... any way the Cowgirls choose to lose is pretty much all right with me ;-)
Anybody else still having nightmares about Jerry Jones singing to Parcells in the SB commercial?
Anyway, I don't think it was the rule that was bad, it was the d*mn kick that stunk.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:18 pm

Lushcrush wrote:
kashikis wrote:maybe they should look into that rule a bit further. I'd hate seeing any team (even the cowgirls) lose a game, nevermind the damn Superbowl, because of some crap like that after fighting their way back into the game like Carolina did.

I might not go that far ... any way the Cowgirls choose to lose is pretty much all right with me ;-)
Anybody else still having nightmares about Jerry Jones singing to Parcells in the SB commercial?
Anyway, I don't think it was the rule that was bad, it was the d*mn kick that stunk.

Agreed, if your getting paid that much, you should at least be able to put the ball into play
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk