Just a thought or two on the game... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just a thought or two on the game...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just a thought or two on the game...

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:54 pm

Can you say dynasty? 2 of the last 3 SBs is pretty convincing. Both of these teams should be forces to be reconed with for years to come. Now for a little useless ranting:
Why didn't the Pats ask for a review on Fuaria's TD? It seemed clear to me that he was in bounds. Why didn't the knuckleheads at CBS show the replays?
Was that the NFL's best officiating crew? Fauria's missed call, the catch and fumble that was ruled incomplete. C'mon these were easy calls guys.
My last rant before I return to party central, is Pheel Simms the best color guy they could come up with? In addition to sounding like a bore, the man is a complete idiot. I don't wish anyone any harm, but if someone could turn Pheel into a mute I would be very appreciative.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:56 pm

To add to that bad officiating, it appeared Antowain Smith was stopped short on 4th and inches in all the replays I saw but the play stood. Overall, the superbowl was pretty well officiated, i guess they cant be perfect
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:01 pm

Fauria had one foot in, but his knee hit out of bounds. It wasn't a TD.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:06 pm

It looked to me like his back foot was on the ground when he caught the ball and dragged his other foot. But my point is they should have showed us some replays instead of following the lead of that dork Simms.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:07 pm

The Fauria one was definitely out. The Smith run looked short, but it was pretty hard to tell. The main thing to say is I'm not going to argue with Ed Hoculi. That guy has Popeye arms and would snap me like a twig in a second. :-o :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:34 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:The Fauria one was definitely out. The Smith run looked short, but it was pretty hard to tell. The main thing to say is I'm not going to argue with Ed Hoculi. That guy has Popeye arms and would snap me like a twig in a second. :-o :-o

hahah eay, i didnt think that it was that bad, i thought tat the TD catch was good but i didnt manny replays
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:23 am

Mercer Boy wrote:The Fauria one was definitely out. The Smith run looked short, but it was pretty hard to tell. The main thing to say is I'm not going to argue with Ed Hoculi. That guy has Popeye arms and would snap me like a twig in a second. :-o :-o

I actually think Hoculi is the best ref they have in the NFL. I'm not saying he's perfect, but he seems to be the most consistant ref out there. I didn't see any horrible calls but I will say that measurement seemed off on the Smith run.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:41 am

Fauria was definitely out, his knee clearly hit OOB before his feet.

On the 4th and short, well hell, it looked to me like they got the first on all 3 of those plays. On the catch it looked like Brown kinda tiptoed a foot across the line before he fell out but they marked it back before he took that step. Then that measurement came up literally one inch short, and on the next play Brady clearly went forward at least a freaking inch...but the whole spotting/measuring thing is just a crapshoot.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 49ers Forever » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:45 pm

2 things about the Smith run. 1: There was no direct sideline view of the first down marker like there is on the goalline, so there was no "definitive" evidence either way, though it did appear that he was short, but more importantly, 2: That drive amounted to nothing, unless my memory has failed... wasn't that one of the vinateiri boots?
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:59 pm

It's sickening the way every sports columnist grabs onto 2 or 3 "news-themes" and then runs with everyone else like lemmings.

Two that reared their ugly heads were Brady being compared to Joe Montana. The other being The Pats crowned as a dynasty.

IMO, I think it does a disservice to real dynasty decade teams (9ers, Cowboys, Pitt, etc.) to suddenly annoint The Pats as a dynasty.

2 out of 3 years shouldn't be the rule of thumb from now on. Plain ridiculous.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk