Superbowl: you mean Supershow? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superbowl: you mean Supershow?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Superbowl: you mean Supershow?

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:53 pm

Seriously, I'm sick of the pagentry. It seems to me that from NFL to network television executives, we can't enjoy 3 hours of football without garnishing it with 4 hours of god-knows-what.

When did the Superbowl become the sensitive soapbox of this Nation's pulse? If anyone watched the pregame show, your beef ribs b.b.q'ing was interrupted by a segment hilighting Several NFL QB coping with their children's health concerns.

Meanwhile, the NFL leads up to the Kickoff with a salute to the crew of Columbia? Perfect lead in to the Superbowl! :-/

And then the zenith of it all, a halftime show featuring the 1999 music all-stars...

oh and Janet Jackson's boob.

Guys, they're turning the biggest game into the biggest joke.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:03 pm

I have actually been thinking the exact same thing. They have so much hype leading to the Super Bowl it is ridiculous. It has almost gotten to the point where I like the playoffs better than the Super Bowl. They don't let us just watch the game now tihout having a bunch of crap interrupting it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Shatner8 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:02 pm

It is all getting old, the games have been entertaining lately but im sick of watching all this dribble before the games, its not entertaining at all. If they would just play the game and the game only, id be much happier
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:17 pm

I agree - they're taking the fun out of the game, thinking football ITSELF IS TOO BORING TO BE CALLED ENTERTAINMENT - I'm pissed off...

This has GOT to change..
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:22 pm

Everyone knew what time kickoff was so why didn't you just tune out until then?

It's been this way for longer than just this year,this is America,noone made you watch all of this BS.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:27 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Everyone knew what time kickoff was so why didn't you just tune out until then?

It's been this way for longer than just this year,this is America,noone made you watch all of this BS.

I didn't watch any of the pre-game or hardly any post-game. I watched just a little half-time show, enough to know who was going to be performing. I am saying that there is so much junk during the game. So many commercials and so much hype around it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:43 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Everyone knew what time kickoff was so why didn't you just tune out until then?

Well this is America...and it was BS. So we agree. ;-)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:57 am

Somebody had to say it, we've all been thinking it. The pregame super bowl stuff is just crap. By the time the 2 week puke-a-thon of Sb coverage is over and it's gameday there is nothing left to say about the game itself. Time for the human interest crap :-t I haven't watched SB pregame crap for years now and am enjoying the games more than ever.
I've a suffestion. Why don't we ask our web geniouses out there how we can design a program for a Cafe SB pregame tournament? Maybe a trivia game or a one day league with a draft days in advance and a slate of computor generated games for us to gleen fantasy stats from? Probably a reach, and I certainly don't know enough about computors to have a clue how to do this. But it would beat the pre-game crap, though the logistics would be problematic.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

SB 38

Postby recmccl » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

I personally didn't watch any of the pregame stuff. I agree with all of you. WAY to much garbage before the game. I watched the pregame show last year, it took the excitment out of the game. Congrads to NE, and the game had some excited times, but I couldn't help but to feel this game was more like a preseason game than a SuperBowl.

The talent just didn't seem that great. At first nobody could do anything. Delhomme looked like shit, then both DEF's couldn't stop anything, then another stupid K boots one OB. I just didn't think the game was played well.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk