MTV, you're fired - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

MTV, you're fired

Moderator: Football Moderators

MTV, you're fired

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:03 pm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN FEB 01, 2004 21:27:35 ET XXXXX

OUTRAGE AT CBS AFTER JANET BARES BREAST DURING DINNER HOUR; SUPER BOWL SHOW PUSHES LIMITS

**Exclusive**

Top CBS executives approved a musical skit where Janet Jackson would expose her breast during the MTV-produced Super Bowl half-time concert, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"The decision to go forward went to the very top of the network," a well-placed source explained from New York.

The groundbreaking scene came during the most-watched television broadcast of the year -- and during the dinner hour for the nation's west coast viewers.

Officially, CBS drew distance from the show: "CBS deeply regrets the incident that occurred during the Super Bowl halftime show," the network said in a release. "We attended all rehearsals throughout the week and there was no indication that any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

In a press release before Sunday's game, CBS's sister outlet [VIACOM's] MTV promised "Janet's Shocking Moments."

"I'll get you naked by the end of this song," sang performer Justin Timberlake, moments before he ripped off Jackson's top, exposing a bare breast -- the nipple covered by a metal 'solar' nipple medallion.

CBS's main New York switchboard was immediately bombarded with complaints about the stunt, network sources said late Sunday.

The NFL claimed outrage over the stunt:

Statement by NFL Executive Vice President Joe Browne regarding the Super Bowl halftime show: "We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced Halftime show. They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the show. It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

You can always count on MTV for over-the-top, horrendous behavior (well I guess you can't anymore - they're thru for Superbowl half time shows)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:38 pm

Good riddance. I did not and will not watch a Super Bowl Halftime Show (unless there is some really hot chick I want to see desperately). I turned to ESPN News and they had a clock that showed there was 30 minutes to go until the 3rd quarter. I then played Game Cube until the 30 minutes was up, and the game started again with me not knowing anything that happened during the halftime show. I heard about/saw what I needed to see after the fact (streaker and Janet). MTV just wants to give the kiddies a sideshow that will promote their station and the artist in question. It has very little to do with musical ability. Good for the NFL if they throw these schmucks off the project from now on.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:48 pm

I would have fired them too. But not for the boob incident but just simply because the show sucked!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:18 pm

yea, there gunna keep plling those stunts if you let em run it again, i must say that i wasnt against the boob but it was a bad show neways
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:26 am

Roseman wrote:I would have fired them too. But not for the boob incident but just simply because the show sucked!!!

It wasn't just the old boob, but the other old boobs out there and whatever that over glorified Timberjerk. MTV is just a propaganda tool for a broken music video industry. Think about the money pumped into 'the business' to make losers like Timberdoodle a 'star'. Think about that the next time you shell out $17 for a CD. Just show the talent, we'll choose the stars.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to General Talk