Marino resigns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marino resigns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:53 am

When I saw Marino's look at the end of the Super Bowl post-game show when the other three guys were saying goodbye to him, I knew something was up. I think that really got him thinking that he has a new "family" for football that he really didn't want to give up to go back to the rush and bustle that is the NFL. I'm sure he also wants to be a dad and not go around missing the kids all the time as well.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:16 am

Mercer Boy wrote:When I saw Marino's look at the end of the Super Bowl post-game show when the other three guys were saying goodbye to him, I knew something was up. I think that really got him thinking that he has a new "family" for football that he really didn't want to give up to go back to the rush and bustle that is the NFL. I'm sure he also wants to be a dad and not go around missing the kids all the time as well.

Or he could have been scared of going up against the Patriots. Two SuperBowls in three years, winning this year with five or six original starters on the IL, millions of draft picks going into next season, a good head coach, cap friendly, etc., etc., etc.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby zombiez » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:24 am

Guttpuppy wrote:LOL,didn't wanna be the do-nothing guy.Good player but him and the front office both knew he didn't have the noggin for the job.
.........you really think that GP??? sounded like he didnt want to invest all that time
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:55 am

I don't know what made me shake my head more: the Hiring or the Firing...er...sorry I meant resigning. "What the hell is going on out there"-Lombardi

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk