ESPN Cheat Sheets alrady out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Cheat Sheets alrady out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:17 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
badger526 wrote:
terpfan wrote:ive stopped making excuses for holmes... what else does he have to prove? i might take LT before him, but thats a big might.

I agree. Priest can stinkin jump over a defender and kick him in the back; he's incredibly talented. Guys like LT and Portis also have incredible speed and quickness, but Priest still has the edge in my opinion and according to the stats.

Oh c'mon, I can jump over a defensive back but that doesn't make me better than LT or Portis.

I just think that this is the year that you see Priest start to decline while LT and Portis are on the rise.

I thought that was supposed to be last season?

I can't see any indication why Priest would hit a speed bump. I sure wouldnt draft as such.

Priest - 1st overall.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:18 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
badger526 wrote:
terpfan wrote:ive stopped making excuses for holmes... what else does he have to prove? i might take LT before him, but thats a big might.

I agree. Priest can stinkin jump over a defender and kick him in the back; he's incredibly talented. Guys like LT and Portis also have incredible speed and quickness, but Priest still has the edge in my opinion and according to the stats.

Oh c'mon, I can jump over a defensive back but that doesn't make me better than LT or Portis.

I just think that this is the year that you see Priest start to decline while LT and Portis are on the rise.

hmm, doesnt this sound farmiliar from last year?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:19 pm

I'm not neccesarily saying that you shouldn't draft Priest first or that he'll have horrible numbers this year, I'm just saying that you will start to see a decline this year.

But in keeper leagues, I strongly suggest drafting LT first.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:23 pm

awwchrist wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
badger526 wrote:

I thought that was supposed to be last season?

I can't see any indication why Priest would hit a speed bump. I sure wouldnt draft as such.

Priest - 1st overall.

exactly! he was supposed to fall this year (he went middle of round 2 in my draft!) and look what he did
27 TDs is pretty gosh darn good id say

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clash of the Titans » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:46 am

I might consider drafting LT2 ahead of Priest, but only for a few seconds. Even in a keeper, Priest has spend most of his career as a backup, so his body is fine and dandy. I wouldn't look for any sort of decline for another three years or so.

I couldn't fathom putting Clinton Portis in the same league as Priest just yet. If I have a top three pick, I know I'm not drafting someone who is known for his trouble staying on the field with nagging injuries. I would draft Portis with the #4 draft choice - tops, and even then I would consider drafting Shaun Alexander and maybe even Ahman Green (although he's a risk, too) ahead of him.
Clash of the Titans
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:28 am

Clash of the Titans wrote:If I have a top three pick, I know I'm not drafting someone who is known for his trouble staying on the field with nagging injuries.

Oh, okay. So you aren't going to get Priest?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 49ers Forever » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:40 pm

I am with you VHawk. Priest has injury problems too, but i have more faith in portis and LT2 playing through these injuries than i do with priest. The big factor for my decision to not put him #1 is the TDs he scored this year. I don't think he will get close to that number next year, and if you take those away, his ypg are above average, but not #1 caliber. That is just my opinion, though, and maybe next year will prove me absolutely wrong, we'll just have to wait a year and see.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:09 am

49ers Forever wrote:I am with you VHawk. Priest has injury problems too, but i have more faith in portis and LT2 playing through these injuries than i do with priest.

What track record does Portis have of playing through injuries? None.

The big factor for my decision to not put him #1 is the TDs he scored this year. I don't think he will get close to that number next year, and if you take those away, his ypg are above average, but not #1 caliber.

He averaged over 130 yards per game in 2003.He scored 24 TDs in 2002. If you had said "oh it was a fluke he won't do that next year" you'd have been so wrong it hurts. What changes with the KC organization in '04 that suggests he won't get at least 16 TDs. Emergence of a studly TD threat WR? Nope. Another RB pushing him for playing time? Nope. Priest and Gonzo are the #1 and #2 scoring threat on the team and that hasn't changed.

That is just my opinion, though, and maybe next year will prove me absolutely wrong, we'll just have to wait a year and see.

You're basing your opinion on just gut feeling.

Of course you have a concern picking Priest #1 overall: Will he drop off because of age? Will he get injured again? The thing is, any reasonable guy you name for #1 next year has concerns.

LT: Will he get the TD opportunities? Will all the carries over the last 2 years have an effect?

Portis: Will he get injured again? Will his fumbling problem reemerge? Will Griffin push him for starting time? Will Anderson leech TDs?

Ahman: Will he get injured again? (this is coming up a lot). Will Davenport leech TDs and/or push him for starting time?

All things considered, Priest has been the most consistent the last 3 seasons and nothing in his team has really changed.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Clash of the Titans » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:43 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Clash of the Titans wrote:If I have a top three pick, I know I'm not drafting someone who is known for his trouble staying on the field with nagging injuries.

Priest has been fine the last few years, at the most missing two games. His injury concerns were speculation that didn't come to be worthwhile.

Portis will sit out a game if he stubs his toe earler in the week.
Clash of the Titans
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:31 pm

Clash of the Titans wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

Priest has been fine the last few years, at the most missing two games. His injury concerns were speculation that didn't come to be worthwhile.

Portis will sit out a game if he stubs his toe earler in the week.

The fact is: all RB's have injuries and Priest Holmes is one of them. If you don't remember correctly, he had major hip surgery in the off-season. If he had this injury earlier in the season, he would have missed significant time.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk