ESPN Cheat Sheets alrady out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Cheat Sheets alrady out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 49ers Forever » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:45 pm

i am not basing it on gut feeling alone (although what else do we really have to go on, a crystal ball?), but the fact that priest had to have surgery to repair a shattered hip. That is a much more serious injury than portis' ankle or LT2's nothing. But, hey, it's cool, if you draft before me, you'll get holmes and i'll get tomlinson. If i draft before you, it will be the same. So enough speculating already. Even looking into the past won't tell you much. Look at "Fragile" Freddie taylor. Nobody wanted him this year. He ended up being in the top ten in RB. Ricky Williams-guaranteed #1 RB for 03, wrong. That is what predictions are for, to be tested in the regular season. So, you can disagree, but you can't disprove, hopefully this will be the end of this discussion that i never should have started.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:00 pm

49ers Forever wrote:i am not basing it on gut feeling alone (although what else do we really have to go on, a crystal ball?), but the fact that priest had to have surgery to repair a shattered hip.

A shattered hip? It was a hip bruise that required surgery to remove scar tissue. I know a lot of people made the comparison to Bo Jackson because he was tackled in the same manner, but it wasn't the same type of injury. Bo had damage to the actual hip socket.
Priest went an entire season with no trouble. He had as many carries and receptions as he had the previous two years. There's nothing to suggest that hip is any bother to him.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk