My team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My team

Moderator: Football Moderators

My team

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:31 pm

Here is what I'm looking at. What would you do?

McNair, Steve TEN
Martin, Curtis NYJ
Green, Ahman GB
Johnson, Kevin CLE
Brown, Tim OAK
Shockey, Jeremy NYG
Brown, Kris HOU
Dolphins MIA
Brady, Tom NE
Taylor, Fred JAX
Mack, Stacey JAX
Jackson, Darrell SEA
Freeman, Antonio PHI
Broncos

My main concern is the backup RB position. This was an automated draft, so some things didn't go as planned. I thought it would be an interesting change of pace. Let me know. I keep flapping my gums. I'd like to get some feeback.

Trentvaughn

P.S. Kris Brown made 9 of 9 kicks in the preseason. He plays on turf in a nice, warm climate. Not kicking at Heinz Field, he made more than 80% of all FG attempts.
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:52 pm

this team is very solid. ur depth seems fine to me since u only have 14 roster spots. id drop the broncos D for a rb/wr. i dont think taylor and mack are bad backups at all. taylor is great if hes healthy, and if hes not u have mack. it would be nice if u get another rb for the broncos...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:18 am

the first thing i would do is drop the broncos def and try to grab a good FA because in automated drafts there are usually plenty of sleepers left afterwards.

as for you RB depth i dont think its all that bad your 1 & 2 are awesome both will have 1300 yard seasons and to have the fred taylor/ mack tandem as a backup than your sittin aweful pretty if you
ask me they are at least solid for the bye week fill ins

i think your lacking more with your WR depth 1 and 2 are solid but theres no play makers in your lineup and your backups are shaky at best i always thought freeman was only good because of farve hes still decent but hes getting old and slow
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Drops and Adds

Postby trentvaughn » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:14 am

I dropped Freeman for Peter Warrick (nice upside). I've found that if you can get a team that can start EVERY week, regardless of matchup, you've got a good shot. I tried to get players that had easier playoff schedules also (last three weeks). Thanks for the input.

Trentvaughn

P.S. Dropped Broncos defense for Clinton Portis after I posted.
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk