Jeff Blake - Released - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jeff Blake - Released

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jeff Blake - Released

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:29 pm

I know its not huge in itself that Jeff Blake has been released by the Arizona Cardinals. BUT what does this mean for the future of Arizona? My guess is...... Dennis Green signs a veteran Qb of his choice, someone like Mark Brunell (although dont count out Jeff Goerge again) and he drafts a QB with the #3 pick. this is what happened for Daunte, Green brought had Daunte sit behind a veteran QB for a couple years. just a thought
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:36 pm

I think fans and the franchise are intrigued by McCown.

Why bother with bringing in another past his prime QB to temporarily fill in a spot?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:39 pm

i see the youngest nfl team starting who they have hoping that the coaching and experience will turn the youngins into great players and in a couple years win a championship[
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:59 pm

Blake is brought on as the backup in Minnesota, Culpepper goes down with a broken leg in week two, Blake has a "Jeff George" like season in Minny and leads them to the promised land of the Super Bowl, where they meet the unlikely Dolphins and their rejuvenated QB, Gus Ferotte...Blake throws for 4 TD's (three to Moss), however Ferotte's stategy of throwing the Hail-Mary pass pays off, Chris Chambers wins MVP with 256 yds. and 5 TD's. Ferotte head-butts his mother and the Chunky Soup rep (yes the curse is dead), and says, "I hate frickin' Disney!"
The Vikes contemplate drafting a D-Back, but decide against it...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:29 pm

TTTBone wrote:Blake is brought on as the backup in Minnesota, Culpepper goes down with a broken leg in week two, Blake has a "Jeff George" like season in Minny and leads them to the promised land of the Super Bowl, where they meet the unlikely Dolphins and their rejuvenated QB, Gus Ferotte...Blake throws for 4 TD's (three to Moss), however Ferotte's stategy of throwing the Hail-Mary pass pays off, Chris Chambers wins MVP with 256 yds. and 5 TD's. Ferotte head-butts his mother and the Chunky Soup rep (yes the curse is dead), and says, "I hate frickin' Disney!"
The Vikes contemplate drafting a D-Back, but decide against it...

so in other words..... my Vikes make the Super Bowl!!!!! shibby.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:48 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:so in other words..... my Vikes make the Super Bowl!!!!! shibby.

"Shibby... Shabby... Shoooby!"
Just messin' with you guys,:-b we'll see what's really going on 7 months from now. Good luck!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:11 pm

I could see a QB controversy in training camp between Roethlisberger and McCown.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:13 pm

If Roethlisberger cant beat out McCown for the starting job , hes in trouble
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:13 pm

VHawk15 wrote:I could see a QB controversy in training camp between Roethlisberger and McCown.

I sure hope the Cardinals don't waste a top pick on a QB when they already have a young QB in development.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:19 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:I could see a QB controversy in training camp between Roethlisberger and McCown.

I sure hope the Cardinals don't waste a top pick on a QB when they already have a young QB in development.

They are probably hoping that Fitz falls to them. If McCown panned out, just imagine a young offense that included McCown, Shipp, Boldin, and Fitzgerald.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk