Where does Clarett go in the draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does Clarett go in the draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:18 pm

I think, if anything, he loses money if he comes into the draft in 2003. He had one injury plagued college season and a season off. If he played 3 years like everyone else and was a standout player, he could he a top 5 draft and get top 5 draft money. He is screwing himself out of millions in signing bonus money.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Now I wish I was going to the draft so I could booo the hell outta this chump. This moron is right up in line with the likes of Warren Sapp in terms of athletes I have absolutely no respect for.

I've never hated a college player this much before he was in the NFL, not even Charlie Ward or Peter Warrick (and this coming from a Gator).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Shatner8 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:53 pm

I agree this is a very stupid move on his part and i dont agree with the decision at all. As an Ohio State Buckeye fan i really like Clarett, but now i have lost respect for him :-t

I see him going mid to late first round
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:01 pm

There is no way they will all let a guy with talent like him fall to the second round. I would expect him to go somwhere like McGahee did. Not Buffalo but somewhere that already has a RB, like was said before. I don't think Tenn, they have Chris Brown. I don't know where, for some reason Pitt comes to mind. He should go mid to late first round. I also agree with Bagel, guys like him I have no respect for. I put him in the same category as Keyshawn...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:14 pm

thank you maurice clarett for ruining the NFL

although, there is still a possibility of him going back to OSU
(what a chump)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Clash of the Titans » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:37 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears waste a high draft pick to pick up this future bust.

1. Kevin Jones
2. Stephen Jackson
3. Greg Jones
4. Cedric Cobbs
5. Michael Turner

Those are all players I would rather have than Maurice Clarett. Maybe even Chris Perry, too (doubtful - Perry sucks).
Clash of the Titans
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:56 pm

id say he goes late 1st at the earliest-or mid 2nd at the latest
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:01 pm

From the judge's ruling in the Clarett case:

"While ordinarily, the best offense is a good defense, none of these defenses hold the line. Because the NFL cannot prevail on any of these defenses, the rule must be sacked."

Link: http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,c1gb8704-9562,00.html

:-° :-° :-°
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Where does Clarett go in the draft?

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Gunslinger wrote:The NFL specifically held off on Fitzgerald's decision so it would not complicate the judge's decision about Clarrett. In other words, they didn't want to give Clarrett's attourney's any ammunition to use in favor of letting him in. It didn't help, apparently.

If that is the case, it illustrates amazing wishful thinking on behalf of the NFL. As long as a week ago the judge who rendered this ruling had eluded to the fact that she would be handing down a note worthy decision. Dis-allowing Clarett to go into the draft would not be news, letting him in would be note worthy. The NFL had plenty of tiem to take the initiative but kept it's head in the sand and concentrated on end zone celebrations. More evidence that football is the best sport ever, that it could thrive under such moronic leadership.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby steelyeri » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:22 pm

how bout we cut the guy a break. less talented and much less mature players have been drafted before. I don't think this is what this whole thing is really about. I think it's all about business. The NFL doesn't want younger players to be drafted because they want to continue using college as their farm system. they will probably have to eventually create a system where players can develop, and this would cost an arm and a leg. and big schools don't want this because they won't make as much money if their stars get to leave earlier.

and whats so wrong with him sitting on the bench and getting payed while he matures if someone is willing to put out the cash?

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk