Where does Clarett go in the draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does Clarett go in the draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Clash of the Titans » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:05 pm

steelyeri wrote:and whats so wrong with him sitting on the bench and getting payed while he matures if someone is willing to put out the cash?

Because he should be maturing in college and gaining experience by playing, not running around on the scout team.
Clash of the Titans
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:11 pm

Clash of the Titans wrote:
steelyeri wrote:and whats so wrong with him sitting on the bench and getting payed while he matures if someone is willing to put out the cash?

Because he should be maturing in college and gaining experience by playing, not running around on the scout team.

says who? the nfl? what's the diff. where they mature as long as they mature, right?

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:19 pm

He should hire McGahee's agent so the Bills will draft him with their first pick.

Seriously, this guy can be a force, but with all the injuries he sustained just playing for 1 1/4 years in college, I wonder if he can take the bruising for very long. I wouldn't take him in the first round, maybe the second.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Clash of the Titans » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:25 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Clash of the Titans wrote:

says who? the nfl? what's the diff. where they mature as long as they mature, right?

If someone wants to pay someone millions to sit on the bench, they can do that - I just hope it isn't my team. I just think that it would be best for Clarett and the league to build himself up so that he can compete on a professional level right out of college.
Clash of the Titans
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Go Vikes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:34 pm

I'd take him third to fourth.Tampa comes to my mind. Maybe their second round pick.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:46 pm

Go Vikes wrote:I'd take him third to fourth.Tampa comes to my mind. Maybe their second round pick.

Yeah, he could slip a bit. As much as I don't like the lying, scheming punk - some team could get a steal in the lower rounds if he can get himself back into football shape and get his head screwed on right.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:51 am

We'll see what his draft camp numbers are soon enough.

If he comes into combine ready to test, he's going to be 1st rd material easy.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:59 am

Just read this morning that he still wouldn't be eligible for the draft until 2005 and he isn't even assured eligibility for OSU next season. They have to appeal to the NCAA to get him to be able to play. Two years of not playing football for anyone possibly, I don't know who would pick him really high, but I don't see the NFL people as seeing this as a moral type issue. I wish he wouldn't get drafted at all, he is a punk!! I am an OSU fan too, but he is just a stain on their reputation. I'm sure they will appeal to get him back, because in all hosesty, it is a business in college too, as much as I disagree with it and they are paid to deliver a winning team. I'm sure once he is able to be drafted, he will go high, but if he doesn't play college ball this next season, I'm not sure how high. I don't know who would be stupid enough to pay this chump to play with them, but I'm sure all of them would. He could be great, but it seems like alot of highly touted college players are busts in the NFL. Not all by any means, but a lot. I guess if teams draft felons with more serious charges on them than Clarett (rape, etc.), why not him. Thanks for letting me rant!! ;-D
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby zombiez » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:24 am

late 2nd.........3rd round pick......he's gotta long way to go before he can start in the NFL
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:40 am

Free Bagel wrote:I've never hated a college player this much before he was in the NFL, not even Charlie Ward or Peter Warrick (and this coming from a Gator).

you're forgetting Darnell Dockett.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk