Warner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Warner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warner

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:21 pm

I've been getting sick of seeing stuff about this so I decided to post something about it. If you didn't know, in a speech in front of a religous group, he said Martz was saying his religous studies was disrupting his playing. Martz said this was a lie. I personally think they have to trade him. He's a waste on the bench and this incident could be an attempt to get traded. He and Martz seem to be in a quarrel, but Martz won't trade him. Bulger is young and should be able to carry this team. They should trade him for a few young players where older guys currently sit. Even with Lamar Gordon behind Faulk I think they could use a RB. It's just not a smart move to hold onto him when he's not helping much and is just eating at your salary cap, IMO.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:35 pm

Mike Martz is, and always will be deemed as an idiot in my book.

Kurt Warner had a good run, but he's been horrible the last two years and that won't change. If any team wants him, even if they're only offering some towels for the showers, do the deal. Warner is finished.

Bulger is underrated. A few bad games towards the end of the season, and people think he is Brian Griese, or something.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Roseman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:06 am

Did you hear the latest that the reason Warner said he may have lost his job was because he was spending to much time concentrating on his BIBLE studies and not on football!!!!

This is getting ridculous!!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:12 am

Roseman wrote:Did you hear the latest that the reason Warner said he may have lost his job was because he was spending to much time concentrating on his BIBLE studies and not on football!!!!

This is getting ridculous!!!!

Tha't ridiculous, I lied the guy, he had a great run. I saw him in person and I actually thought he had it to be a great Qb for longer but now he is just making excuses. The guy can be a Christian and everything but to say that that is why he lost his job is ridiculous. They need to trade him before all his value is gone. I think he could be a good QB somewhere, not sure where,maybe Miami or Arizona.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DUKE » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:00 am

I don't really think they need a rb. Faulk has a little gas left in the tank, Gordon has looked decent, and I thought Arlen Harris looked good. I don't like the idea of them keeping Warner and Bulger both though, as Martz stated a few weeks ago....They should trade Warner for maybe a draft pick, address the Defense a bit, and sign a cheaper veteran qb to back up Bulger. My .02.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:33 am

its to my understanding that if warner is traded or cut before 6/1/04, the Rams take an accelerated $8.5 million cap hit and $3.5 million if he is traded after 6/1 and $5 million in 2k5. i dont konw if the rams can afford such a loss when the need to sign some free agents this offseason. it appears to me that warner either stays with the rams, or reconstructs his contract//gives back some money in order to be guranteed a starting position somewhere else.

now its up for grabs whether he will start next season because we have all gone through this fiasco of qb controversy before. however, with warners current comments regarding his religon, i wouldn't be surprised to see him ride the pine indefinetly until he is traded. but only time willl tell.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby badger526 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:45 pm

I don't understand why Matrz wouldn't want to trade Warner regardless of the religious controversy. They should trade him for a good defensive player; maybe a safety or a linebacker. Maybe Martz won't trade him because nobody will offer a decent player in return.
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:49 pm

Yea, I heard that story on Sportscenter yesterday. I think the whole situation is absurd...a Rams analyst brought up the fact that the Rams team as a whole is deeply religous, and that 2 members of the FCA are always present with the team, and are allowed to follow the team everywhere. Wherever these absurd ideas came from, they are truly wrong.

I do not know the true reason behind Warner's failures...his wife, his coach, his injuries...

Gotta be somethin that happened...but nothing to do with religion
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Great Gambini » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:22 pm

The Rams really have no use for Warner. It seemed as if he was being a good influence on Bulger, but with all the bad publicity, why keep him around, other than money issues.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:46 pm

deftdelivery wrote: I think the whole situation is absurd...a Rams analyst brought up the fact that the Rams team as a whole is deeply religous, and that 2 members of the FCA are always present with the team, and are allowed to follow the team everywhere. Wherever these absurd ideas came from, they are truly wrong.

I think it is absurd too, in fact I'm getting tired of these athletes bringing their FCA posses into the locker rooms. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk